Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Where is Voyager now?? $$$$ (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Where is Voyager now?? $$$$
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe they're close to the border between the Delta and Beta Quadrants? And by early next season they'll mention that they are in the Beta Quadrant.

Of course the whole plot of the show is Voyager getting home. The writters like to give Voyager a boost, but apparently not kept up with it's position in space. If Voyager is in the Beta Quadrant and could get home by the end of the season what do they do for the seventh season? Which btw, Mulgrew signed to do.

Hobbes

Federation Starship Datalink

------------------

The Excalibur
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for The Excalibur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've seen an interview with one of the writers that says they know that Voyager should be in the Beta Q, but Branden Braga didn't want them there yet. I think it was in the Great Link, but I may have seen it somewhere else. I got on a chat at Star Trek.com and no one wanted to discuss it.

------------------
THE DOOMSDAY MACHINE

[This message was edited by The Excalibur on June 07, 1999.]

Hobbes
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You mean the Beta Quadrant Excalibur

Hobbes

------------------

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, anyone know the distance from the Caretakers array to the wormhole in the Delta quadrant?

------------------
The public has spoken. Common sense has prevailed. We have been returned what was wrongly taken away from us. All hail COCO POPS!!

[This message was edited by Orion Syndicate on June 04, 1999.]

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You mean in "Eye of the Needle"? Probably about 300 light-years...

------------------
Vreenak: "The man who started the war with the Dominion... Somehow I thought you'd be taller." (DS9: "In the Pale Moonlight")

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd have to agree with the statement that they may not have had all those jumps in a straight line. Also, Janeway mentioned that they'd added two years to their journey by avoiding Borg ships. They could be avoiding the zone of intense radiation at the center of the galaxy.

[This message was edited by Omega on June 05, 1999.]

Hobbes
Member # 138

I got a letter from Mike Okuda regarding Voyager's position, and here's what he had to say...

"We realize this, although we're not yet exactly sure what, if anything, our writers will do with this datapoint. We believe that Voyager "should"
have crossed into the Beta Quadrant at the end of the fifth season, although there is a sufficient margin of error that it might have happened several weeks (or even months) earlier or later."
-Michael Okuda

Actually I wrote to him about any off hand info on the Equinox, and I mementioned about the problem with Voyager's position and where it is.

Hobbes

Federation Starship Datalink

------------------

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's hope he badgers the writers about it....
Hell, let's hope Voyager finds its path blocked by the entire Romulan empire!

------------------
"She turned me into a NEWT!..........
.....Well, I got better..."

- Monty Python & The Holy Grail

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All hail Michael Okuda, Champion of the Beta Quadrant!

------------------
Garak: Interesting. You saved the day by destroying the world.
Bashir: I bet they didn't teach you that in the Obsidian Order.

-Deep Space Nine, "Our Man Bashir."

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, it's JUST about plausible they're still in Delta, but by early year 6 they should definitely be in Beta. This leeway is only allowed by the array being right on the galactic rim, further than in the map at the above link, and if they have had to avoid a direct "straight" route to keep distance from the galactic core, or some other astrometric obstacle not excplicitly referred to.

------------------
"In the name of the LORD! We DEMAND entrance to this Sacred CASTLE!!!!"
"No chance, Engleesh bed-wetting types. I brush my temples at you and call your door-opening request a silly thing. You tiny-brained wipers of other-people's bottoms."

- Monty Python & The Holy Grail

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beta Quadrant? Did he say Beta Quadrant?

------------------
Doctor: "Run along. I'll reattach any severed limbs. Just don't misplace them." (Voyager: "The Killing Game")

The Excalibur
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for The Excalibur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe they'll try to go through the center of the galaxy, and have a runin with "The Great Big Head"

------------------
ALL GOOD THINGS

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps