Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Guess who else will be in STX... (Spoilers!!) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Guess who else will be in STX... (Spoilers!!)
Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by David Templar:
I second that. Starfleet really should hang her for poluting the timeline as much as she did.

Or for stranding Voyager in the Delta Quadrant to begin with.

--------------------
Enterprise: An Online Companion

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." --Phillip K. Dick

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Picard is (as of the last year of VGR) 68 years old.

When Picard met Kirk in 'Generations' Picard was 62. Kirk was.. 62. Interesting, huh?

Nechayev was probably younger than Picard, as was Pressman and Kennelly (unless, due to Elias Vaughn-style 24th century aging, they were much older than they appeared)

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um...NO. 2378-2305=73

It's that damned "new math," I tell you.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Hunter
Member # 611

- posted      Profile for Hunter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
-
Or for stranding Voyager in the Delta Quadrant to begin with

I'm sure that Starfleet would love to hang Janeway, but the problem is that Starfleet command probably made big news of voyagers survival in the DQ during the Dominion War i.e. Human intrest stories , propaganda "Fight hard so Voyager has something worth coming home to!" etc.

Of course once they realised what had happened they peobably hoped that theyed have time to bury it on the back pages of newspapers, along with stories about the harvest on Nowhere II, once she arrived but Janeways arrival a light year away from Earth saying that she's just neutred the Borg wouldn't have helped.

So instead of risking a public backlash they do what large organizations have done with icompetnes before, promote them to an area were they can't do any damage. Of course this does not answer the question of why they didn't try black mailing her in to resiging ('You resign or we charge Tuvok, Paris, 7 of 9 with various crimes') or why she hasn't had a vist by S31.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps because she won?
Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I guess the bottom line still counts for something in the 24th century.

Silly net analogy #74565: How would you treat the captain who in 1934 goes AWOL with his entire ship somewhere in the Pacific, and in late 1941 reports back telling "I just blew to hell half the Japanese fleet, and btw, here's something called the H-bomb, which you can deliver using this nifty thing called the supersonic bomber - my personal contact from the Empire here will help you with the details, but remember to let my Incredible Trained Chimp Doctor accompany her, since she's carrying in her system some selective biowarfare agents we might want to unleash at a later date, and the Chimp knows how"?

If Starfleet is not morally too outraged at somebody handing over the victory to them so easily, they'll probably deify Janeway concurrently with the promotion ceremony.

Timo Saloniemi

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Minor thought detail: how is Shelby's ego handling the fact that now some other person (another woman, no less, & one who actually got her own command...unless she really DID get Sutherland) knows more about Borg than her?

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She won't mind - she's busy fighting old Greek gods in the former (but possibly soon to be resurrected) Thallonian empire, somewhere in the Beta quadrant near Alpha Carinae. Read the "New Frontier" books... She's got the promotion, two starship commands so far, plus a husband and an apparently partially divine stepson. Borg? Who cares about Borg?

Timo Saloniemi

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fighting old Greek gods? Sounds a bit STARGATE-ISH to me.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Timo
Member # 245

That's just a hobby project. She has been fighting religious zealots, planet-eating dark masses and the Timeship Relativity lately, and felt like taking a day off. And battling spaceborne triremes with a 24th century top-of-the-line starship doesn't sound as difficult as braving personally shielded, teleporting gods with nothing but an MP-5 and a confiscated raygun or two.

Timo Saloniemi

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could be worse, could have an MP3 instead. 8)

I'm curious why the mere fact she got Voyager transported to, then stranded in, the DQ should earn Janeway a court martial. Sure, some of her subsequent command decisions over the next seven years are slightly suspect, but why should a humanitarian gesture automatically condemn her, even if there were potential Prime Directive implications?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Exactly. That's what I think every time I hear someone wonder why Janeway would continue in good favor with Starfleet.

Getting knocked on your butt by a super powerful alien isn't proof of negligent command. And it certainly wouldn't get her court martialed. On the other hand, neither would having left things alone and using the array to come back in the first place. That decision would probably have been acceptably justifiable citing prime directive considerations.

So...her record goes like this:
1. Her ship and crew were abducted by a super powerful extra galactic alien.
2. She made one questionable decision that apparently caused very little long-term damage to the Ocampan civilization but was a real sacrifice for the Voyager crew.
3. She faced and survived countless threats making only a handful of questionable decisions over the course of 7 years which can easily be attributed to the extremem situations she was in.
4. She makes it home with so much new technology and information on the Delta Quadrant that the R&D boys will be wetting themselves 10 years from now.

There will be no courts martial for the Voyager crew

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Shik
Member # 343

Or rather, there WILL be an inquiry as a matter of course, but the chances of proceeding to an Article 12 hearing are (as Dr. Cavanaugh said last night)"diddly over squat."

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An MP3 might make an effective weapon, actually.

"Die, you bastards!" *presses a button on a tricorder and it plays Shatner's "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds"* *bad guys writhe about in agony*

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The new math where 5s equal 9s?

Picard was born in 2309, not 2305.
The last season of VGR was in 2377.
2377-2309=68

of course, assuming ST:X is shortly after VGR, then it is in 2378. That would make him 69 in the film, if that is when it takes place.

[ November 20, 2001: Message edited by: CaptainMike ]

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps