Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » They call it...classified. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: They call it...classified.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been watching the Sci-Fi Channel's "top ten" or "top twenty" best episodes of TOS today, and it struck me that the Enterprise made quite a few sensitive discoveries. Things that the UFP would want to keep quiet. Here are a few off the top of my head.

The Guardian of Forever. Can't have just anyone jumping back and saving Joan Collins. I would imagine the system is offlimits, with access granted to only a select group of researchers.

The Doomsday Machine. Considering that it's made of neutronium, I wonder whether Starfleet could move it. If so, it's probably tucked away at some asteroid research facility somewhere. If not, there would have to be some setup on site. At the very least, you can't have your enemies flying around trying to restart the thing.

Any others, from any series?

------------------
"Should have changed that stupid lock. Should have thrown away the key. No no, not I, I will survive, right down here on my knees."
--
They Might Be Giants

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about TNG's Dyson Sphere?

------------------
Vreenak: "The man who started the war with the Dominion... Somehow I thought you'd be taller." (DS9: "In the Pale Moonlight")

The Excalibur
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for The Excalibur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Talos IV from "The Menagerie"
Organia from"Errand of Mercy
Gary Seven from "Assignment:Earth"
Zefram Cochrane still alive in "Metamorphosis"
The Stolen cloak in "The Enterprise Incident"
Genesis project
Minos from "The Arsenal of Freedom"
Rana IV form "The Survivors"( the alien who could wipe out a spieces with a thought.
Admiral Jarok from "The Defector"

I'm a little tired, may come back for more tomorrow. These are listed as possibilities, nothing for sure.

------------------
THE DOOMSDAY MACHINE

[This message was edited by The Excalibur on June 01, 1999.]

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jarok is very very dead as I recall.

------------------
"I have only one purpose, the destruction of Hitler.....If Hitler invaded hell I would make at least a favourbale reference to the devil in the House of Commons".

-Winston Churchill

Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always thought the Guardian of Forever would make an excellent spin-off story. Something along the lines of "Who Guards the Guardian." Someone does have to keep an eye on it, and I'm sure the Guardian is a persuasive power for illegal use in both the simple knowledge of its power and its coaxing persons to use it. It would be very taunting.
USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree the Guardian of Forever was a very cool idea and one of the writers should really return to it(preferably one of the Voyager writers, besides how many movies are they going to have that includes going back in time). Yesterday's Enterprise was originally going to include the Guardian but they cut the idea out, which is kind of disappointing even though its still a kickass episode..

------------------
"This should provide adequate sustenance for the Doctor Who marathon"
-Fat Sarcastic Comic Book Guy

Obi Juan
Who's your master?
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for Obi Juan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Obviously the many methods of time travel are also classified. Otherwise Voyager wouldn't have been so stressed about finding Captain Braxton in 1996, insted of just kicking Voyager into overdrive and doing a quick loop around the sun.
It also makes sense that disinformation would be spread around about the various theoretical forms of time travel (i.e. none of them work), it would certainly save temporal investigations a lot of time.

Xentrick
good to go
Member # 64

- posted      Profile for Xentrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about the immortal "Mr. Flint" in 'Requiem for Methuselah?'

Hardly "top secret," but not something that would be widely publicized.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good one. I still like to believe that Micah Brack was responsible for funding Mr. Cochrane's little experiment, even though the rest of "Federation" was contradicted.

------------------
"Near the door! They leave reality inside!"

The Excalibur
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for The Excalibur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Several Star Trek books have included the Guardian. Very good stories for the most part.

------------------
ALL GOOD THINGS

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Flint was dying at the end of the ep. . .

------------------
"I also received an interesting, if some-what perplexing, note from a 13-year-old lad who asked if I "had a clue." I fear I cannot adequately answer, as I am not aware of any immediate clues at hand; but that is not to say there are none present." - T. Herman Zweibel

Aaron the Overlord
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about Gary 7? Where did he come from?

------------------
'Today is a good day to die!' - Worf

IP: Logged
The Excalibur
Member # 34

I don't think that ever came out. Could make a good Voyager eppy.

------------------
ALL GOOD THINGS

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The species from "The Survivors" was a Douwd.

------------------
"I was not elected to watch my people suffer and die, while you discuss this invasion in a committee" Queen Amidala - Star Wars: Episode 1, The Phantom Menace

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got another one. . . it's not strictly canon, but how about the shield modifications used to get through the Great Barrier to the centre of the Galaxy in The Final Frontier? Or the Andromedans' technology that got them out of our Galaxy altogether and en route to their own in "By Any Other Name?"
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps