Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Behold! Action Figures ≠ Crap! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Behold! Action Figures ≠ Crap!
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://mattstoys.tripod.com/aatrekhome.htm

First pictures from the Toy Fair.

Trek action figures that actually look like, get this, the characters. Who'd have thought we'd live to see the day? Beautiful detail on these puppies. I may actually have to buy one to stick over my desk.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, that is a really likeness, especially with T'Pol. That is so much better than what I've seen in a long time.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nevermind that - lookit the NX-01 toy! Kickass!

However, I am sorta peeved that there's no regular Hoshi figure..

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, please Mark, we *ALL* know the real reason for your dissapointment is the lack of a "Hoshi and T'Pol in Decon Undies" set!

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
She'll come... just in several months time. I read somewhere that it could be three years before they release enough "deluxe" playsets to put together a complete bridge. The comm station will presumably come with regular-duty-uniform Hoshi. Phlox is in the works, too.

I think the EVA suits are being released now because Art Asylum (understandably) wants to show off. The sculpting is top-notch. More statues than toys.

[ February 10, 2002, 21:23: Message edited by: The_Tom ]

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(sorry!)

[ February 11, 2002, 17:25: Message edited by: Malnurtured Snay ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

I'm all for 'Enterprise' action figures, but I'm also kind of glad that other movies and such are getting their day in the toy stores ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

Kurt Russell in tight jeans? You stick to that, Jeff, and I'll join Mark in hoping for the Hoshi/T'Pol/Cutler decon playset.

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"She'll come... just in several months time."

Sucks for her...

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Choking Hazard....

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is iot just me, or are the superchargers too far back on the toy ship. . ?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
SWEET!!! They're making a phase pistol toy!! Don't take it to the airport.

I see they've accuarately portrayed T'Pol's...errr...proportions.

I wonder if they gave Klaang (Zeus) his lazy eye... [Roll Eyes]

Very cool stuff.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

quote:
You stick to that, Jeff, and I'll join Mark in hoping for the Hoshi/T'Pol/Cutler decon playset.
Tom, apparently unlike you and Mark, I don't beat off to action figures. [Smile]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The toy is nice and all, but...

*goes all Gollumlike for a moment like Bilbo in FotR*

I WANT A PLASTIC MODEL I CAN PUT TOGETHER MYSELF!!! BREEEAAAAGH!

*goes normal*

I hope they hurry up and licence that soon.

[ February 11, 2002, 13:07: Message edited by: First of Two ]

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah. I have GOT to get me one of them thar pistols. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps