Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » $$ TNG Race Showing up in ENT? ["Anomaly" Spoilers] (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: $$ TNG Race Showing up in ENT? ["Anomaly" Spoilers]
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
"His name's like my name!"

Actually, your name is like his name.

Indeed. Shame I didn't notice when I first joined.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Phase II? Uh, huh? (Unless "Devil's Due" was another recycle job, but I was sure they had burned through all of those during the second season writer's strike.)
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually it was a Phase II recycle; and so it goes:
#1) ST: The Motion Picture
#2) "The Child" - Season 2
#3) "Devil's Due" - Season 4

....Season 2 shortcuts, however, included only the one recycle, the clip show ("Shades of Grey") and 6 episodes less than what became the norm.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
im always disappointed that i never got to read the original version where Kirk beats the shit out of Ardra and gets his shirt ripped... man those rewrites are a bitch
Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That would have to be after he nailed her. It's Kirk, after all . . . he'd be nailing somebody, and you know he'd do the god-chick.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If it's really supposed to be *the* Ventaxians, they will mess up history just another time and make the worst possible choice from a large pool of possibilities (it's only a name in the plot, but it means a lot for continuity).

It remains to be seen if they will look differently. Worse, the plot would make no sense, because the TNG Ventaxians were said to have lived in a peaceful agricultural society for 1000 years. They may have starships, but it isn't fitting to have a "small minority" of them raid Enterprise. Just as we wouldn't accept whining Klingons or greedy Vulcans.

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"...or greedy Vulcans."

What, like Romulans, you mean?

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Bernd:
Worse, the plot would make no sense, because the TNG Ventaxians were said to have lived in a peaceful agricultural society for 1000 years.

Like the Cardassians were a peaceful loving society that made great architecture and were poor 40 years before TNG even though the military had been running a fairly facist regime for several hundred years?

quote:
Just as we wouldn't accept whining Klingons or greedy Vulcans.
Or Ferengi that aren't interested in money? Oh, wait, we've had that. How about Klingons who aren't obsessed by logic. No, wait, we've done that too. What about Klingons who don't want to be great warriors? Jem'Hadar who are individual, reasonable humanitarian (*cough*) thinkers? Individual Borg?

It's an aspect of Trek that is (possibly) necessary, but also (possibly) lazy: All Members Of Alien Races Act The Same. Why can't we have whining Klingons? Or greedy Romulans? Or Ventaxians who don't like living in a peaceful agricultural society?

Who said that line anyway? Was it a Starfleet member, or a Ventaxian? Because if it's the former, it could easily be misinformation, and the later, it could be propoganda.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And yes, I meant to say "Vulcans who aren't obsessed with logic". Don't think that pointing that out makes you any sexier than me, because you aren't. Okay?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Liam is 1,000 percent right.
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Negative 1000% percent!!!!!!!

Because I am sexier. You see.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You and 58 percent of America. B)

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Sieggy does not agree.

--------------------

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sieggy likes gay midgets. Count his opinion does not.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

How can you say that this is not sexy?

-

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps