Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Fourth Season rumor (Page 3)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Fourth Season rumor
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ya know, I've gotta ask. If you really don't care because it's been so screwed up, then why do you bother coming here to read/post?

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

japol
Member # 1149

- posted      Profile for japol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dat:

For two reasons...

1. Because I have a deep love for the franchise in spite of its flaws.

2. I hope that somehow the poor reviews get through Berman's George Lucas-like delusions that he can do no wrong and the series can be saved through him gracefully bowing out and letting some person with talent and originality take creative control of the franchise.

That's why I posted. Forums are for intelligent discourse and debate... at least that's what I thought.

Besides, I thought my "Berman as obsessive pervert" joke was at least vaguely funny.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
I slit the sheet, the sheet I slit, and on the slitted sheet I sit.

japol
Member # 1149

- posted      Profile for japol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh... that and the second-unit stuff totally rocks. The cgi guys and girls are having too much fun. That's a lot of fun to watch.

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Forums are for intelligent discourse and debate..."

Then why not try it sometime, rather than interrupting other conversations with "I HATE ENTERPRIZE BERMANN AND BRAGGA ARE TEH SUXX0R!"?

By the way, there's a lot of time travel in the show because the entire premise of the series is that the ship is involved in a war being fought by way of... wait for it... TIME TRAVEL.

japol
Member # 1149

Generations was about (wait for it) TIME TRAVEL.
First Contact was about (wait for it) TIME TRAVEL.
A great many Voyager episodes were about (wait for it) TIME TRAVEL.
Enterprise is about (wait for it) TIME TRAVEL.

Why is it so bad to crave something new, guys and gals?

Not that the whole series sucks. There are episodes that are worth watching. I really liked "First Flight" and a bunch of others. But they had nothing to do with (wait for it) TIME TRAVEL.

I happen to really like the characters (well, the ones they've bothered to explore). Surprisingly my favorites are Phlox and Tucker. I was actually in your camp for a while there, TSN. I certainly don't think that Berman hates Trek like some folks I know. I just feel the way I feel and I respect that you feel the way you feel.

I promise this will be the only anti-Berman rant I'll ever do. Just had to get it off of my chest. I'm happy to enjoy everyone's comments no matter what they are. I enjoy the forum and hope that attacks are not the norm for people who just want to be honest about their opinions.

Now let's have a group hug amongst folks that just like Trek for the hopeful future and very, very cool tech stuff.

--------------------

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Generations wasnt ABOUT time travel.
6 out of 172 episodes is 'a great many?'

Enterprise is a series were there is a great arc that includes a temporal cold war. Time travel is incredibly interesting to me and many other Star Trek fans, and I hope they invlolve the Temporal Cold War heavily in the next season.

japol
Member # 1149

Ahem... and to repeat:

"I promise this will be the only anti-Berman rant I'll ever do. Just had to get it off of my chest. I'm happy to enjoy everyone's comments no matter what they are. I enjoy the forum and hope that attacks are not the norm for people who just want to be honest about their opinions."

I'm very happy that you'll enjoy the continuation of the temporal cold war. Truly.

--------------------

japol
Member # 1149

Why is it everyone always ignores the good stuff in posts?

I said a lot of nice things about it. Like I said: I love the Trek franchise. I will very likely continue to watch Enterprise. As I said... just venting.

--------------------

japol
Member # 1149

Sorry if I offended anyone.

Sigh.

--------------------

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Why is it so bad to crave something new, guys and gals?"

It's not your craving that's bad, it's your delivery of it. Going off on this diatribe (honest opinion or not) about how B&B have anally raped a plot device that some of Trek's finest hours have been centered around (coincidentally or not), in the middle of a thread in the middle of a forum devoted to a SERIES that is ALSO centered around said device (like it or not), just won't win you any sympathy votes, that's all.

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
japol...you do realize you can edit your posts rather than slamming down 2 more in a row in a 3 minute timeframe? It is rather annoying.

Anyway, you do also realize that there are 4 episodes in TOS that specifically deal with time travel and several others that deal with similiar ideas without actually using time travel? That accounts for 5% of the Original Series, not counting The Voyage Home (or TAS) - in fact, it was utilized almost as a novelty, much less a plot device.

Using that logic, shouldn't we say Roddenberry was 'obsessed' with it, when there was so much time travel in a series whose premise wasn't about time travel? Nearly the same could be said with TNG & DS9.

I look at time travel in Enterprise no differently then I looked at Prophet interference in DS9. I thought it was a damn annoying, but that is what the premise of DS9 was about. In the end, it all served its part of the whole, and depending on how well the rest of Enterprise plays out, I think the same will apply here.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

japol
Member # 1149

About the editing function:
Thank you... I actually had no idea.

I look forward to seeing how this storyline is resolved as well... Look: I'm really not trying to piss anyone off here. I am a HUGE Trek fan. I didn't intend to set off this huge argument.

Just because I don't particularly like where the producers took the story doesn't mean that I don't appreciate that others do. Seriously folks... don't you figure that it is time to stop with the japol-bashing? It is just an opinion... I didn't realize that I had stated it in an offensive way. If it was taken that way I apologize. That was not my intention by any stretch of the imagination.

And anyway, I'm not the only one in this thread to voice my opinion on it in a way that was contrary to what many of you seem to feel. I was not trying to attack anyone's feelings. It went from me just trying to get a few things off of my chest to attacks against me personally... that seems to me to be just... well... shameful behavior. I have apologized for my apparent tone, I have apologized for upsetting anyone's feelings and I have apologized for my personal feelings about the direction of a franchise that is important to me. I'm not sure there is more I can apologize for. Now if that isn't enough for you folks, then that's just going to be the way it is. I always thought Trek fans were open-minded, which seems to me to be what a lot of the storylines in the past have been about. Now if you aren't open to other opinions... well... I really don't know what else I can do for you.

By the way: I'd NEVER use a rape analogy. I certainly don't feel THAT strongly about it... not about a TV show. I know you were being figurative, but it bugged me a little to have that sentiment attributed to me. I know that wasn't personal.

--------------------

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I really do think it's time to stop with this bashing. But allow me to say a few things.

Yes, there are some who dislike B&B for what they have done to the franchise, but we don't bash them about their use of time travel in this particular forum on Enterprise. When we do bash on Enterprise, it's usually on something else with the show. We don't do it in the middle of someone's thread unless it is warranted, like they were already talking about it or something similar. We'll just start a new thread on bashing them if need be. If we must bash on the perhaps-extensive use on time travel, we don't solely focus it on Enterprise and we probably would not do it in this forum. Most likely, it would be Trek as a whole, not limited to B&B, and discussed about in the General Trek forum.

Japol, your faults on why you were wrong have already been discussed. I hope you have learned from this lesson, as has all of us. This, I hope, should be the end of this matter.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Japol, nobody is attacking you personally. Not even me. B) It's just that rants of any kind aren't met with too much enthusiasm here. You don't like time-travel and think it's a worn-out device, that's absolutely fine. You ventilate that thought by slamming B&B (even if you did it in a fairly civil tone), that's, uh, the opposite of fine. So, coarse. But enough of that. Have a beer. B)

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

japol
Member # 1149

mmm... beer... ggguuuuaaahhggg

(how DO you spell that sound, anyway?)

Thanks, Cartman.

--------------------

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps