Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » "In A Mirror Darkly" ruminations $(contains spoilers)$ (Page 7)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: "In A Mirror Darkly" ruminations $(contains spoilers)$
Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
As an aside, I once read a very creepy story about an evil Santa Claus. Some kid's abusive father told it, in the context of the story. I don't remember many of the details though, other than that the evil Santa Claus drove around on a sleigh pulled by goats, and he was murderously violent. In the end I think the father is killed by said creature.
I have the faint inkling of a feeling that this was a Donald Westlake short story. Lessee... Not yer regular Dortmunder book, no. Not one of them hard boiled versions, no. Ahh, yesss... Here: "Nackles", it's called. In a collection labeled "Tomorrow's Crimes", aka Westlake tackles sci-fi (Or rather, gets tackled by it. Not his cup of Earl Grey, apparently.).

Only two Santa stories in Futurama? Aww. I was so looking forward to seeing a trilogy completed. (They're showing reruns here right now, and I mean right now. Gotta go.)

Timo Saloniemi

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's a film about a guy who dresses up as Santa Claus and kills people called You Better Watch Out (aka Christmas Evil).

Seriously.

-MMoM[/b] [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"He'll sleigh you." Classic!

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's exactly the story I was thinking of, Timo. I think. Yes.
WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There was always the Santa Clones from that episode of "The Tick"

So what did Santa say when he saw the three blondes?

"HO, HO, HO"

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tis the season to be killing...

Y'Know there's another killer Santa movie

Silent Night, Deadly Night

What got me was some guy's opinion of the flick.

quote:
"Silent Night, Deadly Night" is one of the most bizarre movies I've ever seen. For the most part, I really don't like this film. But for some odd reason, I don't hate it. This movie has sort of grown on me a bit. This movie caused a big controversy back in 1984 when it was released (many movie theaters refused to release this and the theaters that did release it were picketed) because of it's portrayl of a killer Santa Claus. I remember hearing on the news that TV stations refused to show commercials of this on TV because they feared that it would frighten young children. That was a wise move because this movie is definitely not for children! I've never seen this movie air on a TV or cable station, and it's been over 15 years since this film was made! But really, what were these filmmakers thinking of when they made this? "Silent Night, Deadly Night" is a movie where just about every murder scene made me cringe. However, some of the murder sequences in the film were strangely fascinating. I don't know why. Another asset is that the movie is never boring. It entertained me inspite of itself. But it's not up there with my slasher favorites "Halloween", "Friday the 13th", and "Scream". "Silent Night, Deadly Night" has lackluster performances, wooden direction, and an incredibly absurd script. And it features without question the meanest Mother Superior in movie history!
There's nothing more fascinating than killing people on X-mas.
WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is even BETTER!

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

machf
Member # 1233

- posted      Profile for machf         Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed, that one is great! (If you like that kind of flic, of course...)
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have it on DVD.

Watch the part where the Klown comes out of the toilet: for a moment, you can see the guy's arm inside it as he overextends it out of the prop toilet.

The movie that made me re-think eating cotton candy at fairs.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Glowing Review It Gets Where All Words Start With A Capital Letter Really, Really Makes Me Believe This Is A Good Movie.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just my two cents...I always considered the mirror universe to be a sort of...slave to our universe, with things being the opposite (in a certain way)... this comes from my heavy belief in duality: m/am, male/female, hot/cold, matter/energy....althought that last one is an illusion..well..then...the rest are too aren't they? [Razz]
TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had a thought.. THE MIRROR UNIVERSE has been demonstrated to be a different timeline that diverged at some point, so as a result, things are opposite that they are in the general Star Trek Universe. I'm thinking that the Mirror Universe that we see in TOS may not be the same alternate timeline as in DS9 or ENTERPRISE. Granted, they're very similar, but hey, they could be splits of splits... indeed, the whole TCW might be between timelines, instead of between points on the same timeline, trying to patch force certain branches to happen or close.

--------------------
joH'a' 'oH wIj DevwI' jIH DIchDaq Hutlh pagh
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps