Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » $$$These Are The Voyages$$$ (Page 6)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: $$$These Are The Voyages$$$
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Berman and Braga shouldn't have been let near the Finale fullstop. Also if they DID want to pick the series up somewhere down the line they could always chalk things like Trip's death down to incorrect records or Holodeck embellishments.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Let me rephrase: the idea of Riker exploring a past era of Starfleet to gain some insight on something might have made an interesting TNG episode. Trying to cram it in with "The Pegasus" didn't work. And trying to cram it in with the Enterprise finale sucked.
And having the duo play themselves from 12 years ago sucked even harder.

quote:
Berman and Braga shouldn't have been let near the Finale fullstop. Also if they DID want to pick the series up somewhere down the line they could always chalk things like Trip's death down to incorrect records or Holodeck embellishments.
Which is the only redeeming quality of the episode, since none of what was shown could possibly have been in the official Starfleet records, except for Archer's speech (which wasn't in the episode anyway, so who cares?)

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Redeeming quality? It simply means that the Enterprise characters were nothing more than semi-sentient holographic images. Which means that whatever nice scene they had were actually complete bullshit, and never really happened.

And having an overweight, badly acting Trekkie in a skintight TNG uniform ruining every single scene didn't help either.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We can't have a go at Jason for that, though.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Harry:

And having an overweight, badly acting Trekkie in a skintight TNG uniform ruining every single scene didn't help either.

And the shiney face, you didn't mention the shiney face - what is with that? Shatner has one of those too! Too much alcohol? Too much sun? Too much makeup? Too many croissants? [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think he already said it best when
quote:
Rear-Admiral Michael T. Colorge intoned:
Too much chocolate...

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Deanna really gave it to him then... see what happens to chocolate addicts when they forget how to puke it out.

I didn't get demoted by the way Balaam...

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Heheheh Rear-Admiral.

Deanna was the choco-holic - not Riker.

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
She may have been feeding him chocolate during their "Counseling Sessions" over the years. Those calories do add up.

(In real life I blame Genie Francis' cooking for why he plumped up like a Thanksgiving Turkey... then again so did she)

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's what I think: *vomits on the carpet*

I mean, REALLY. This is ENTERPRISE, not TNG; why make the episode revolve around two characters from another series? It's the FINALE, even. I feel like ENT was violated. And I thought ENT mostly sucked up to season 3 where it got a littttle better with the Xindi arc, and much better in S4 when Coto was brought on. I think, if renewed for another season and Coto given full responsibility for the show, it could've turned out pretty good. But in any case, even forgetting about Riker and Toy - Troi, sorry - the plot was like tissue paper. Wet tissue paper. With holes in it. And what the hell? Why lead up to Archer's speech so much, actually kill Trip for it, and then not even see it? I was so looking forward to the founding of the UFP throughout the entire show - I always assumed they'd do it at some point - and then it was entirely ruined. We saw the whole thing from a terrible, far-away camera angle into a badly CGI'd huge audience chamber FULL of people, and only for a second or two! Blahhhh.

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps