Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Who was Future Guy? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Who was Future Guy?
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At the moment, BitTorrent is still better, but we'll see how many of the sites survive the MPAA...
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
BT-EFNET seems to have gotten the chop. I think now that ENT is over, and if I can get to the end of the current season of 24, I'll be content enough to say it was good while it lasted.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think WinMx is based in the UK- making any RIAA threats pointless.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm SO annyoed about BTEFNET going! OMG The PAIN, the PAIN of it all! Seriously though - it sucks. Still don't know why TV shows are deemed illegal. As someone put it on the isohunt forum TV torrents should fall under the Betamax ruling - or something. If it's 'taped' for private viewing - it's not illegal.

Bloody hell why don't the TV companies just friggin' seed their own shows - i'd be happy to download it with ads if it meant that I could watch it when it first came out! I would say it would be a more lucrative TV advertising market - you have a PARTICULAR audience that you can advertise to instead of trying to suss out who is ACTUALLY watching your shows.

I mean looking at the btefnet figures at times, Enterprise was up there in the 'download ratings' with "Lost", "24", "Joey" and "The OC"!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"What's better in your opinion?"

DALnet.

machf
Member # 1233

- posted      Profile for machf         Edit/Delete Post 
BTEFNet supposedly went down because of lack of money to keep paying for their server...
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nope. MPAA got 'em.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bugger. ShunTV has gone too. Never did get round to getting the last few Clone Wars eps. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The last episode of the Clone Wars explains Grievous' coughing.

Anyway - now I can't get onto isohunt! Or is that just server problems?

THIS SUCKS!

FUCK'N TV isn't the same as Music or Movies - just put the fuckin' ads in and let us continue to download and watch our favourite shows!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

isoHunt is working fine. Though, I'm pretty sure this converstion should stop short of discussing still extant sites...
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Because the Evil Government Agencies specifically check here for what's hot in the world of filesharing?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, no. For one thing, government agencies aren't really involved (yet). But for Charles' sake, it would probably be best not to go out of our way to expedite (as opposed to merely advocating, which in my book is OK) activity that is, at least technically, legally actionable, and I say that as a wannabe hardcore open source culture warrior.

(Having said that: Usenet.)

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"hardcore open source culture warrior"

I bet you don't even run Linux, mister Sham.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Well, he did say "wannabe"...
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Ultimate Warrior would so kick your gay-faggot XP-using arse.

[ May 25, 2005, 01:55 AM: Message edited by: PsyLiam ]

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps