Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » New Ship in "Endgame" $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: New Ship in "Endgame" $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I can imagine it now...

"Admiral, the new uniforms from the Starfleet Uniforms and Ergonomics Research Development Department has arrived onboad."

"Good, have them distributed and bring my Armani dress uniform to my ready room. I can't wait to try it on."

------------------
"When I said to get involved in the gay community, I didn't mean to sleep with everyone in it."
Michael_T

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I'll ask again...to you real-life military guys...who designs and approves US Military uniforms?

My guess is congress approves them and contracts a designer to design them.

And it's not like they would ship crates of these uniforms to the various ships and bases. They'd simply upload the specs to the replicator systems.

------------------
"The sons of the Prophet were valiant and bold,
And quite unacustomed to fear.
But, of all, the most reckless, or so I am told,
Was Abdulah Boul Boul Ameer."
Aban's Illustration www.alanfore.com

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Abun Rune:
Exactly. I've been thinking that for some time now. But it begs a question that has been plaguing my days and haunting my nights:

If they can upload an entire holomatrix to Voyager - why can't they upload the new uniform specs? And don't tell me "limited power resources". It is the same material (just different colors and cut), so the replicators don't really have that much to do.

------------------
Faster than light - no left or right.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe Janeway likes the uniforms they have...

------------------
"Although, from what I understand, having travelled around the Mid-west quite a bit, apparently Jesus is coming, so I guess the choice now is we should decide whether we should spit or swallow."
-Maynard James Keenan

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The real answer is that TPTB want to keep them the way they are so as not to throw anyone who doesn't watch DS9 and to differentiate the series from DS9. At least they've troubled themselves to use the FC style in the Alpha Quad stories.

Janeway could simply have made the decision to keep the ones they have as a show of solidarity or something. Though you would think that making the crew feel like part of Starfleet and the Alpha Quad would be more encouraging....

Whatever.

------------------

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or maybe she feltthey were too militaristic & seeing as how everyone else in the DQ has a military-style uni, the "glamorous technician" duds set them apart as helpers & not conquerors.

------------------
"I�ll never fall in the arms of someone sincere
I fall just the same
And like before, it's just too hard."
---Kim Leaman, "Sincere"

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Section 31 has a rumor/possible real plot that says that the ship is an experimental Federation timeship.

Read about it here: http://section31.com/stories/april-2001/043001_a.htm

Please note that it has a lot of other potentially HUGE spoilers!

------------------
"We have a good arrangement. He supplies the weapons, I use them."
- Blade

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So basically what they're saying is that it's just like AGT, in that the "future" we're going to see won't really happen because Tuvok will go back in time to change it all.

If this is what's really going to happen, then this sucks.

------------------
Lisa: "OK, now we're gonna pick jobs out of the chore hat. Dad, you go first."
Homer: "Come on, bikini inspector...scrub toilet! Ohhhwww...OK, that was a practice..."

Shabren's Final Prophecy: Star Trek: Legacy

Michael Dracon
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From what I saw on the Trektoday forum Tuvok will have traveled back in time already in the first half hour.

------------------
"We have a good arrangement. He supplies the weapons, I use them."
- Blade

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

So, basically, the show will end showing us a future in which they have gotten home, which will be undone in the end and leave them still on their way by the end...

Either that, or future Tuvok will help them get home using something he knows...

Kate Mulgrew has said that it won't end well for Janeway, though I think.

I don't know. I'm done speculating. The freaking thing is on in a few weeks....

------------------

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
$$$SPOILER$$$ short version

quote:
According to the report, the finale will be set 25 years in the future. We will see Admiral Janeway (in actual fact a Borg Replicant ) trying to kill Tuvok, who was locked up in a mental asylum for attacking Janeway after the ship got back to Earth. Tuvok manages to kill Janeway instead, and with an experimental time ship jumps back in time, narrowly avoiding a Borg Fleet, to undo the events of Janeway being replaced. Back in time in the Delta Quadrant, Voyager encounters an advanced Borg Destroyer. The ship beams over an away team, but they accidentally activate a distress beacon, causing another Borg Fleet to appear. At the end of the first half, Janeway receives an ultimatum from the Borg in which they threaten to destroy her ship if she doesn't turn herself over to the Queen. Janway decides to surrender, even as Tuvok is still rushing towards her in the timeship.

------------------
"Second star to the right, and then straight on till morning."

[This message has been edited by Fitz (edited May 02, 2001).]

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it now appears this ship is NOT from "Endgame". Dare I say, oops. It was from tonight's episode, "Natural Law", and was an alien ship. Oh well.

------------------
"No, 3 & 6 are mandatory, so you only have to do them if you want"

Alex, fellow classmate, trying to explain an assignment (2/2/01)

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I figured I should post this here, since we had a discussion about the "Endgame" uniforms. Here is the evidence you seek:

------------------
"No, 3 & 6 are mandatory, so you only have to do them if you want"

Alex, fellow classmate, trying to explain an assignment (2/2/01)

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it just an optical illusion, or does Kim finally have more than one shiny pip on his uniform?

Plus, nice to see he's a redshirt now. Not only does that imply a career move towards command tasks, but it IMHO looks better on Wang.

Timo Saloniemi

Michael Dracon
Member # 4

Maybe that's because it looks like a Chinese robe...

------------------
"I don't poke my head into business world too much. All I care about is making the show. And naked stuff."

- Joss Whedon, creator of Buffy the Vampire Slayer

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps