Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Distance of the first warp flight (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Distance of the first warp flight
Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are we assuming he used antimatter containment for warp drive? Up until about 2 weeks ago, I thought everyone was assuming he used fusion or fission to power the warp drive. Are we going to let "Friendship One" change conventional wisdom so quickly?

------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

DARKSTAR
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think taht Zemfram did a leap out and a leap back. He then esatblished an earth orbit retracted the nacelles and while using a low level Warp field entered earth atmosphere. The ship using thrusters made a landing some distance from the complex.
IP: Logged
DARKSTAR
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He roughly travelled 12x the distance of the Earth and Moon which is 300,000 km x 12 =3,600,000 miles or 3.6 light seconds
IP: Logged
Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Darkstar:
Glad to see you guy!

What are you using as the basis of your calculation? Angle of Earth-Moon in window? Timing of flight?

(Note to others on this BBS: This is the POLITE way to inquire a person regarding an opinion stated as fact, but unsupported by published or referred-to evidence in the message.)

I hate to lecture one or two of you on etiquette - but apparently your mothers never got around to it.)

(Note to Darkstar: It is a tradition on this BBS to present opinion AS opinion, unless you can give canon-grade evidence to support it as factual in the Star Trek ficton. Failure to do so often leads to challenges of a friendly [I would hope] nature.)

------------------
Faster than light - no left or right.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps