Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » 'Enterprise' Concept Confirmed. (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: 'Enterprise' Concept Confirmed.
Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remember? The "Starfleet" logo we see in the 24th century was originally the NCC-1701 logo, in other words the Enterprise logo. I belive we will see this logo in Enterprise.

------------------
Wes Button[email protected]
TechFX StudiosThe United Federation Uplink
------------------
I don't like Wesley Crusher.

Reginald Barclay
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You shouldn't even expect any semblance of continuity with the Trek universe as we know it. This is Braga we're talking about here. They've already officially announced that they will violate established continuity not once, but twice, in one fell swoop. The early Klingons will be knobby heads. This not only invalidates TOS, but also Worf's "We don't talk about it with outsiders."
IP: Logged
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How does that invalidate Worf's "we don't talk about it with outsiders?" Please, explain.

BTW: it DOESN'T violate seeing Koloth, Kor, and Kang with bumpy heads in DS9, yet smoothies in TOS. Does it now?

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
Card-Carrying Member of the Flare APAO
"I think this reason why girls don't do well on multiple choice tests goes all the way back to the Bible, all the way back to Genesis, Adam and Eve. God said, 'All right, Eve, multiple choice or multiple orgasms, what's it going to be?' We all know what was chosen" - Rush Limbaugh, Feb. 23, 1994.

Reginald Barclay
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, even the Trials and Tribble-ations episode scene introduced problems. How can Bashir and O'Brien not know that Klingons were once smooth-headed? This is not some alternate reality, since Worf's comment confirmed they were once smooth. Bashir in particular should have studied about Klingons sometime in medical school and would have read about some strange change that befell the race in the 23rd century.

How this invalidates Worf's comment is that Berman & Braga have now said Klingons have always been knobbies, consistent with what GR said. If so, then that whole scene in T & T doesn't make sense anymore.

Unless the Klingons from TOS were all surgically altered to be smoothies, including Kang, Kor, Koloth and all of their personnel. Then later they were returned to their original appearance. Why? Who knows? B & B couldn't care less and they've said so. See Bernd's editorial at Ex Astras Scientia. Enterprise is off to a bad start and it hasn't even aired yet.

IP: Logged
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If they've always been 'nobbies' then what about the Romulans.

And if they've always been 'nobbies' a way to explain Worf's comment and the smooth heads might be - the Klingon Empire went through a 'fasion craze'... probably by some Ferengi... where everone was filing down their 'ridges'... I'm sure not everyone will be wanting to reveal that Earth had a thin leather tie craze in the 1980's!!

Another explanation... still a 'plaugue'/'virus' but that it's the opposite effect - for a few years nearly all the klingons's ridges began to reduce - maybe a problem with their ships!?!

Maybe an Emperor at the time had been smooth headed - and in 'respect' Klingons everywhere began filing down their ridges.

------------------
Homer: I'm gonna miss Springfield. This town's been awfully good to us.
Bart: No, it hasn't, Dad. That's why we're leaving.
Homer: Oh, yeah. [pokes his head out the window] So long, Stinktown!

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Somehow I'm getting the terrible feeling that I'm beginning to lose interest in Star Trek - at least the current installments. I liked TOS, loved (and still do) TNG, hated DS9 in the beginning but took a liking to it in the end.
Voyager has a few (very few) good and even less great episodes. Overall rather poor quality.
And since they have confirmed that Enterprise will be a prequel I'm not sure if I'm very curious to see it.

MIB, I'm with you. I'm dreaming my little dream about Enterprise (STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE) being set in the future. Sob.

I think they are killing Star Trek with this show - and they know it - why else would they have left "Star Trek" out of the title?

------------------
Kryten: Pub? - Ah yes. A meeting place where people attempt to achieve
advanced states of mental incompetence by the repeated consumption of
fermented vegetable drinks. - Red Dwarf "Timeslides"

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A couple of months ago, the TV Guide had an article that said that the producers were "milking the show". They even suggested that Paramount should stop at Voyager and wait a few years wehn popularity gets highter then introduce a new series.

------------------
The whole concept of Survivor is get your average Joe and put him/her on the show and see how they react. Afterwards even though they did not win they make money by appearing on shows. There is no point in having to win a million dollars! They will make that amount in 2 months after appearing on 100 different shows!

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're overanalizing it.

------------------
Wes Button[email protected]
TechFX StudiosThe United Federation Uplink
------------------
I don't like Wesley Crusher.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Totally agree with you Matrix/TV Guide.

------------------
Homer: I'm gonna miss Springfield. This town's been awfully good to us.
Bart: No, it hasn't, Dad. That's why we're leaving.
Homer: Oh, yeah. [pokes his head out the window] So long, Stinktown!

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Overanalizing?" Ew.

Sounds painful. And unsanitary.

------------------
"'I don't CARE who started it, I'm tired, and I WANT QUIET!!!!! Or I'm going to come up there and flatten the BOTH of you!' And he meant it. And we'd stop. Or he would." --Foreign policy as laid down by First of Two's dad

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, now I wish Voyager had another season comming up instead of the new series...

------------------
"When I said to get involved in the gay community, I didn't mean to sleep with everyone in it."
Michael_T

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ouch. . .

------------------
Phasers

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Getting back on track, is there any updated info on this new Enterprise?

------------------
"Babies haven't any hair;
old men's heads are just as bare;
between the cradle and the grave
lies a haircut and a shave."

Samuel Hoffenstein

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I�m hoping we�ll see it soon. Didn�t someone say we�ll see some footage from "Enterprise" with the Voyager finale "Endgame"?

------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity�s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, there will be a behind the scenes promo right after 'Endgame'. At least that's what Trektoday reported...

------------------
"I don't poke my head into business world too much. All I care about is making the show. And naked stuff."

- Joss Whedon, creator of Buffy the Vampire Slayer

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps