Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » 'Enterprise' Concept Confirmed. (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: 'Enterprise' Concept Confirmed.
Daniel
Member # 453

- posted      Profile for Daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You people do know that it's been confirmed as a prequel, yes? According to my local TV guide and I think the NY Times one, it's a prequel to TOS set 100 years in the past, as has been rumored. No info yet on characters etc. AFAIK.

------------------
"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism."

-Eleanor Arroway, "Contact" by Carl Sagan

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh...you can go see the official character list, or part of it anyway, at startrek.com.

------------------
OH NO< THE OLD MAN WALKS HIS GREEN DOG THAT SHOTS PINBALLS!~!!!
--
Jeff K
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet" and nothing at all will happen.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dannyboy, I was talking about the ship in particular.

------------------
"Babies haven't any hair;
old men's heads are just as bare;
between the cradle and the grave
lies a haircut and a shave."

Samuel Hoffenstein

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, and to hopefully head off any dissapointment, by the sounds of things only UPN 9 from New York will have this "behind-the-scenes" look at Enterprise. But I could be wrong.

Original news story on this
------------------
"And as it is, it is cheaper than drinking."
-DT on arguing with Omega, April 30

[This message has been edited by The_Tom (edited May 23, 2001).]

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
New info on inside of starship Enterprise (the new old one, that is):
control panels are going to resemble contemporary NASA styled controls (@ TrekToday.com). I see nothing wrong with that.

------------------
"You know, putting up a tent is like making love to a beautiful woman. You undo the zip, pop in your pole and slip into the old bag."
- Swiss Toni, The Fast Show (British comedy show)
---
Titan Fleet Yards - Harry Doddema's Star Trek Site

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That actually sounds very very cool! White painted hulls and bulkheads with classic crome flip-switches for "missiles" and lots of bolts! And LCD-TFT monitors!!!
And that yellow-black striping on dangerous equipment and such. I'm beginning to look forward to this.

I just finished "The Abyss - DVD Special Edition" and am feeling pretty filled with joy and love!
And those white submersibles always looked cool, so I'm relating here...

------------------

Samuel Hoffenstein

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've kept out of most, if not all talk on Enterprise. Because I don't know what to say exactly. I don't want to judge something before I see. I mean the show itself could actually be good...if you're willing to forget about 30 years of Trek history.

I guess Berman & Braga want to recreate Star Trek in their own vision. "We're going back to the fundamentals of Star Trek [mean while throwing out everything Roddenberry established]."

------------------
Captain Archer: "Leap me out of here Al."
Transporter Chief: "Uh, captain, it's 'beam' not leap, and stop calling me Al."
This post sponsored by the Federation Starship Datalink.

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited May 23, 2001).]

Reginald Barclay
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Imagination? We don't need no stinking imagination.

Why should Zimmerman & company come up with something new when they can just use stuff off the shelves? Just because controls from the '50s look ridiculous today doesn't mean today's stuff will look ridiculous in 150 years, right?

If Majel is so upset about Enterprise, does this mean we'll finally get a series without that annoying computer voice?

IP: Logged
Nim
Member # 205

Perhaps even four point seat belts! At least for the tactical officer, if they even have weapons.

You know, there once was a dream of Trek seat belts, but it was so fragile that if anything more than a hwhisper was uttered about it, it would vanish!!! So come, let us whisper for a while...

------------------

Samuel Hoffenstein

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it would appear that New York trekkers didn't get Enterprise footage after all:

quote:
UPN 9 News in New York City aired this segment May 23, 2001. Despite their promises of "extensive coverage" of the finale, and a behind-the-scenes look at Enterpise, their Trek coverage was even shorter and fluffier than usual. There was no Enterprise coverage to speak of. Don't know if they were lying in their promos, or an expected interview didn't come through.

*sigh*

Well, back to waiting to see what the 22nd century might look like.

------------------
"And as it is, it is cheaper than drinking."
-DT on arguing with Omega, April 30

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps