Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » holy moly!!!---endgame ships! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: holy moly!!!---endgame ships!
TheF0rce
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for TheF0rce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
okay it looks like endgame is gonna have pretty fireworks if not a good original story line.

the trailer shown cubes, spheres, some borg yard?-possibly
a fleet of starships led by the promethius
and neigh'vars!
what are the klingons doing there anyway!?!

don't tell me i don't want to know.

------------------

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can confirm seeing 2 Negh'Vars, a Prometheus, a Nova, and an Excelsior. Apparently the fleet used in the final episode will consist of 18 ships.

------------------
"No, 3 & 6 are mandatory, so you only have to do them if you want"

Alex, fellow classmate, trying to explain an assignment (2/2/01)

TheF0rce
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for TheF0rce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
miranda too hehe
and sabre
that spec at the bottom---deffinately sabre

crobato
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Hmm, Borg assembly yard. They're starting to be influenced by Activision (known as the Assembly Matrix in the Armada game.)

IP: Logged
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did I see an Akira in there too? It looked kinda small...

My guess is that they pulled out their Starfleet CGI library and stuck in all the ships they could find so they could effectively shout "WE'RE HOME!"

------------------
You know, you really should keep a personal log. Why bore others needlessly?
The Gigantic Collection of Star Trek Minutiae

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just saw the preview from Endgame, and a lovely news report from the station that airs it here in Los Angeles. Aparently, Vice-Admiral Janeway is onboard that Type-9 and says that she is bringing Voyager home...

------------------
"When I said to get involved in the gay community, I didn't mean to sleep with everyone in it."
Michael_T

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm gonna have to wait for the digitized trailers (Boyager airs on Saturday where I am) but it certainly sounds like a fanboy spoogefest...

Mark

------------------
"Why build one, when you can have two at twice the price?"

- Carl Sagan, "Contact"

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There're apparently at least two different trailers. The one I just downloaded from Vidiot has a Type-9 running from a Negh'Var, and what appears to be a Nova firing on two more Negh'Vars from behind, but none of the aforementioned fleet scenes.

------------------
"And as it is, it is cheaper than drinking."
-DT on arguing with Omega, April 30

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, the only one I�ve seen, from section31 courtesy of Vidiot didn�t show any of the cool scenes you�re all describing, nor did mediatrek. Where is this second trailer?

------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity�s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like a slightly different shuttle to me!

-----------------
"I don't poke my head into business world too much. All I care about is making the show. And naked stuff."

- Joss Whedon, creator of Buffy the Vampire Slayer

[This message has been edited by Altair (edited May 17, 2001).]

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The pylon structure is definitely different, and the nacelles seem smaller. Perhaps the shuttle got a bit bent and squashed by all those disruptor beams?

Weird that the CGI folks would go to the trouble of making these minor modifications. If they did this to the shuttle, what about that Nova, then? Perhaps the aft view does not do her justice - perhaps the bow now sports six muzzles familiar from a certain DS9-related publication...

If not, then that Nova captain sure has guts. Never mind that the Negh'Vars look tiny compared with the shuttle, they still look just as big as usual compared with the Nova!

Timo Saloniemi

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is a picture of the Nova:

Looks like the Nova finally got a visible impulse engine. Also there seems to be a dome on top of the bridge...

I've also put a circle around the shuttle, which seems small enough to me compared to the other ships.

------------------
"I don't poke my head into business world too much. All I care about is making the show. And naked stuff."

- Joss Whedon, creator of Buffy the Vampire Slayer

[This message has been edited by Altair (edited May 17, 2001).]

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, the bridge is definitely different - perhaps somebody took the "pre-damaged" USS Equinox model and repaired the damage to the best of his abilities, and mistook the "sunken" bridge structure for a damaged area? (With Rick still breathing in everybody's neck, I think he would have been consulted, though!)

Other possible differences: where are the cooling vanes (?) on the nacelles? Did Ransom's crew add those to the Equinox when their engines overheated, or something?

Okay, the shuttle looks acceptable in this view - it's the ones with the shuttle closest to the camera and the Negh'Var's tailing that seem to use false perspective.

Timo Saloniemi

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, that's a cool shot. I hope to see more screencaps like that soon.

------------------
"Let me ask you something, Mr. Garibaldi, a purely philosophical question. On a scale of 1 to 10, how stupid do you think I am anyway?" - Bester
Federation Starship Datalink: Brand new look, fresh minty scent, same great taste!

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agreed, this is a modified Nova, check out my screencap: http://w1.314.telia.com/~u31412328/bas/novarear.jpg

------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity�s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps