Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Soyuz class (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Soyuz class
Trinculo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shipbuilder's Hypothesis

Write to Sternbach about Soyuz Class starships.
Sternbach will refer writer to Stipes.
Stipes will not respond.

Will someone please write to Sternbach and ask him? I am curious to see wheter Shipbuilder's hypothesis is correct or incorrect.

IP: Logged
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's possible to talk to Sternbach yourself, if you've got a newsreader handy. Just set it up to the news.startrek.com server, and the startrek.expertforum.ricksternbach newsgroup.

------------------
"I'm sick, like Nixon was sick, my defeated heart keeps beating on. I won't die, like Chucky won't die."
--
They Might Be Giants

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The DS9TM was almost entirely Sternbach. Zimmerman contributed a bit, but Stipes didn't touch it. If anyone could answer the question, its Sternbach.

------------------
"......"
�������������-The Breen at Internment Camp 371

Trinculo
Ex-Member

Sol System: I am already an ass for presuming to know more about Star Trek and, especially, the Soyuz Class than I actually do-my experience with the forum has taught me that much. I am a humble Bajoran before the kai. Let an expert-you, shipbuilder, bernd, frank, anyone else who knows the Soyuz Class and Star Trek in general-ask the questions.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you misunderstand me.

I disagree with you about certain points in regards to the the Soyuz class. But that doesn't mean I don't respect your opinion, nor does it mean I don't get anything out of your posts. I listed Sternbach's newsgroup because I thought that it might interest you as a fellow "treknologist," as well as giving you a chance to ask your questions.

------------------
"I'm sick, like Nixon was sick, my defeated heart keeps beating on. I won't die, like Chucky won't die."
--
They Might Be Giants

Trinculo
Ex-Member

Sol System: I do not know the material of the DS9TM-I never bought the book. 25 dollars for a soft cover book is a luxury that I cann't afford. From reading the posts, I surmise that others have bought the book. They know the material. From material at hand, a question can be formed. Further, this forum is as deep as I want to get into the Trek society. Any deeper, I feel I will lose myself. I will not lose myself again.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

Uh, ok. Sounds a bit like a TMBG song, in fact.

------------------
--
They Might Be Giants

Shipbuilder
Member # 69

- posted      Profile for Shipbuilder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey no problem I'll go ask, but I got a feeling I know what he'll probably say. Couldn't remember if it was Stipes or Drexler. I know with all the posts about the kitbash ships, Sternbach simply refers most everyone to Drexler, but since he did the graphics and presumably, Sternbach did the writing, maybe just maybe he'll have an answer.
Trinculo
Ex-Member

Federation Shipbuilder: Thank you
Sol System: Your reference is unknown to me. What is TMBG song?

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

TMBG stands for They Might Be Giants, the musical group that is quoted in my signature.

------------------
--
They Might Be Giants

Identity Crisis
Defender of the Non-Canon
Member # 67

- posted      Profile for Identity Crisis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it looks like someone has asked this question in Rick's newsgroup. No one else has responded yet but here's what I wrote:

Option One: The DS9 TM is wrong.

Option Two: The DS9 TM is false information designed to fool Dominion spies. For an accurate copy please contact your nearest Starbase, be sure to include your security clearance and a blood sample.

Option Three: There's a Soyuz class named after the Russian spacecfraft and a Soi'uze class named after the Betazed's second moon. Someone was using a voice dictation system that got them mixed up.

I find it amusing when a person who has named themselves after a comic character seems to have no sense of humour....

------------------
-->Identity Crisis<--

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What parts did they take from the Soyuz's? The ST:CCG has the Bozeman without sensor pods, but with a new weapons pod for use against the Borg.

------------------
What bloke invented signatures?

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trinculo: For what?

------------------
What bloke invented signatures?

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The manual said the station was fitted with Soyuz phaser...strips I believe. Or something

------------------
The Unknown Vulcan

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps