Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Does anyone know if this is... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Does anyone know if this is...
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Siggie's right, I remember now. The Endeavour in FC was going to be a new ship, but it was never built or put in the film. So, the bit about the Endeavour came to be associated w/ the Nebula-class. (IIRC, this was later backed up by "Scorpion" [VGR])

General Veers, the Lexington was mentioned in the radio chatter, reporting 96 dead and 22 wounded. So I think this must be the Lexington.

TSN, I think the Excelsior-class Farragut was in service by the time of FC, but I can't be sure...

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
96 dead and 22 wounded

Yes, that's why I doubt that this is the Lexington. This Nebula doesn't look damaged.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, but she and the endeavour were the only Nebbies there. We know it wasn't intended to be the E, so it must be the L. Maybe the damage was concentrated in the rear, or it was something internal, or something.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would also like to point that there is still some debate over whether the ship in question is the Lexington or Lexicon. Apparently, some of the closed-captioning for First Contact had "Lexicon" written across the screen.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thats closed caption for you. It goes on what it sounds like rather than the script.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My DVD says LEXINGTON. Also, that's how we got the USS Madison, commanded by Cmdr. Luxby. Said it in the closed captioning

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

I think LEXICON was just from what people heard, like MANSON. But both closed-captions and script said LEXINGTON and MADISON. The latter, I believe, are both correct.

And now I'm pretty sure that the Nebbie must be the Lexington.

Thanks, guys.

--------------------

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Endeavor couldn't have been Admiral Hayes' flagship -- the first sentence of the radio chatter said "Flagship to Endeavor... stand by to engage at..."

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just bringing up the backstory and previous arguments we've had on this board about the First Contact battle scene. I felt that the information was pertinent to the discussion.

Besides, it's actually closed-captioned.

[ July 17, 2001: Message edited by: Siegfried ]

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait! Where was the Nebula in "Duet?" I don't recall one. And there was a Nebula in SoA, just at the end, after the battle

--------------------
Meh

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Er, "Waltz", not "Duet." Silly me.

IIRC, there were two shots of DS9 after the battle in SofA. One ws from Way of the Warrior. I assume you mean the other one. I think it showed DS9 with a Nebula apparently docked at one of the outer rings. It's a near stationary shot, so it's almost certainly the physical model.

I meant if they had a CGI Nebbie, they'd have used it in the battle scenes in SofA, which were pretty much ALL CGI. There was none.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah. I think they finally put one in "The Changing Face of Evil."

--------------------
Meh

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"TSN, I think the Excelsior-class Farragut was in service by the time of FC, but I can't be sure..."

I said that it was probably still labelled as the Farragut, not that it was actually intended to be the Farragut.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

Yeah. Forgot.

--------------------

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's what I think now. It's most likely to be Endeavour as from the radio chatter, it's certainly not the flagship. The Lexington already has numerous crew injuries and deaths and so would already be damaged in a few places (doubtful if it was only confined to the aft). It's most likely the physical model as it looks like the CGI version had not yet been made. However, I no longer think it's still labelled as the Farragut. I believe it's labelled as the Leeds because after "Generations", the model was hauled out and relabelled as the Leeds for the new opening sequence for DS9's 4th season when Worf first appears. (Was it Okuda that said the Nebbie was the Leeds?) Remember, FC takes place after "Way of the Warrior", which was the season premiere for the 4th season. Of course, it's also possible that the labels were removed and no new labels were applied, but previous model appearances don't indicate that. (i.e. Hood still labelled as Excelsior, or Tsiolkovsky still labelled as Grissom.)

And now that I think on it, it doesn't even have to be the Endeavour. It actually could be the Leeds. There's no evidence to say that she wasn't there. The name may not have been in dialog or the rest of the script, but there's no evidence that places the Leeds elsewhere at the time.

[ July 17, 2001: Message edited by: PopMaze ]

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps