Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Starship Spotter: Errors And Corrections (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Starship Spotter: Errors And Corrections
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think we knew for sure what class the Enterprise was until (ugh) "Naked Now" in TNG.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unless there was a Dedication Plaque put up for 'TVH' and im not sure any of the 1-3 movies had one. (but it probably did say 'Constitution-class' on Chekovs screen in ST:III , which was a scan of Franz' Tech Manual.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only time the word "constitution" was mentioned in "Court Martial" is when Samuel T. Cogley, attorney-at-law, says:

"I'd be delighted to, sir. Now that I've got something human to talk about. Rights, sir. Human rights. The bible. The Code of Hammurabi, and of Justinian. Magna Charta. The Constitution of the United States. Fundamental Declarations of the Martian Colonies. The Statutes of Alpha Three. Gentlemen, these documents all speak of rights. Rights of the accused to a trial by his peers, to be represented by counsel, the rights of cross-examination. But, most importantly, the right to be confronted by the witnesses against him, a right to which my client has been denied."
[emphasis added]

Also, the only ship registry stated explicitly was by Kirk:

"United Starship Republic, number one-three-seven-one."

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Constitution-class" was not said in TOS at all. Never. Not once.

"I'd happily accept the Constellation, the Republic and the Eagle as ships not belonging to the Constitution class, since two of the three were never seen and the third was visibly (if only slightly) different from the Enterprise."

I dunno. The Constellation was pretty close. And considering that the Enterprise changed most of it's details several times an episode (Bridge size, nacelle caps, deflector size, those black bands on the top of the saucer that might or might not have been on the WNMHGB model), and not forgetting that the radically different (by comparison) refit and Enterprise-A were still Constitution-class, I don't think you could claim the Constellation to be different.

You could try. But I'd laugh in your face and call you smelly.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps