Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Farragut in FC? (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Farragut in FC?
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not saying that Sloan was lying. I just said hes a liar. And i was trying to lighten things up here, not assert that that was what happened.

I think that he said the exact number of days that Bashir was captured. But you seem to think that you can figure out the amount of days based on Stardates. If Stardates were sequential and ordinal and moved at a set rate, then you could. But they dont. So you cant. We have no frame of reference for how DS9 stardates move, except that in general on TNG 1000 of them were a year. But seeing as peoples brithdays move around, their kids age exponentially and holidays and anniversarys bounce all over the damn calendar, besides the fact that on DS9 they use 26 hour days rather obnoxiously, how do you think that you can seriously figure that out, just to disprove clear dating evidence they placed right in the episode (the uniform!)

There are so many variations to that that you could never expect to take the stardate of 'Rapture' and the stardate on the Purgatory/Inferno 2 parter and determine the difference in days. I dont know why you think you can.

And if I'm boring you, you can [edit] and go play in the Andromeda thread.. theres no need to be a sarcastic prick.

[ November 25, 2001: Message edited by: CaptainMike ]

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They use twenty-six-hour days because they're on Bajoran time. Twenty-six Bajoran hours in one Bajoran day. No corellation to Terran hours and days.
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not the crux of my comment.. but one of the gray areas when it comes to dating DS9 episodes.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps