Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Preview: Klingon ship database (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Preview: Klingon ship database
Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AndrewR:

Isn�t this the ship?
http://neutralzone.my100megs.com/KlingonCivilianTransportShip.htm

As for Centaur, I made screencaps myself:
http://www.stguardian.to/fed/excelsiorvariant/index.html

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, the Klingon page has a good shot of the big freighter from "Sons and Daughters", highlighting the add-on pieces that allow us to treat the class as separate from the basic Cardassian freighter design. Compare the size relationship there with this scene and do not be concerned about the ambiguity of relative distances here - other shots from the episode confirm that the distance separating these two ships here is merely on the order of the length of the freighter...

Timo Saloniemi

[ November 23, 2001: Message edited by: Timo ]

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, no sorry the one that we see docked at an upper pylon - it is a reuse of the model or stock footage from that episode "Sanctuary" with the Skreeans... it's a reuse of the menthar? or promellian? battle cruiser from "Booby Trap" except painted green.

Andrew

P.S. this pic here:

http://neutralzone.my100megs.com/KlingonCivilianTransportShip.htm

I don't see any different ship here... I just see a bunch of Bajoran ships and a K'Tinga in the background... it's not very clear

oh and those Centaur screen caps - I think they are the only ones on the net Bernd - they aren't very clear either (sorry) they have these coloured lines running through them - and they are very grey - and you can't make out much detail in them... especially when you try to adjust the brightness/contrast/gamma correction.

Andrew

[ November 23, 2001: Message edited by: AndrewR ]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AndrewR: I don�t know what the problem is, on my monitor my screencaps look just fine

This ship perhaps:
http://neutralzone.my100megs.com/KlingonNoggra03.htm

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Evolved
Member # 389

- posted      Profile for Evolved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bernd, I see you changed your K't'inga picture...but why is it gray? BTW, a guy at Starship Modeler built a K't'inga model and has some reference shots of the differences between the TMP and TUC ships in his review.

Also, more reference shots of the TUC and TMP ships are at http://members.aol.com/IDICPage/TMPKlingon.html.

[ November 23, 2001: Message edited by: Ace ]

colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Star Trek.com lists another Klingon ship, the IKS K'Tanco. This is Kor's command in the distant past. Her class and the era in which she operated is not known. Mentioned "Sword of Kahless".

Gowron calls Vor'Cha Class ships battlecruisers. "Extreme Measures"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who's was that ship in "Blood Oath" was that Kang's ship? Did they give it a name?

Andrew

--------------------

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes; & yes, the Lukara.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Bernd, I see you changed your K't'inga picture...but why is it gray? BTW, a guy at Starship Modeler built a K't'inga model and has some reference shots of the differences between the TMP and TUC ships in his review.

I changed the color because none of the K't'inga images show any trace of green. I suppose when it appeared green in DS9, it was done through the lighting just as with the Warbird.

Thanks for the link. I didn't go into much detail comparing the versions, and I only noticed the golden ornaments that were added to the Kronos One, which I take as refinements, rrther as a sign that it's a new class.

Lukara?
Isn't that the name of Kahless' wife?

Oh yes, one more thing. I made an embarrassing error with the "Noggra" which is actually the name of the guy who adopted Kurn and not of the ship. It is not even probable that it is Noggra's ship who said that he and Kurn were on a shuttle (and to corroborate this, they would have to leave in a shuttle, rather than in the depicted ship).

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, dat's Mizzzuz Kahless alrighty.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Boris
Member # 713

- posted      Profile for Boris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Waitasec. According to the scripts, the K'tanco is Kang's ship that uncloaked in Kor's dream in "The Sword of Kahless." He dreamt of the three of them presenting the sword to the Emperor, so the ship is likely to be Kang's last command, whatever it is. Then again, we know how dreams are.

The BoP from "Blood Oath" is never identified as the Lukara in the scripts. Kahless' wife wasn't named before "Looking for Par'mach...", season five. Was this name really in an episode?

[ November 24, 2001: Message edited by: Phelps ]

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

You can add the Lukara to Bernd's list then?

--------------------

Boris
Member # 713

- posted      Profile for Boris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As far as I can tell from a quick web search, that name is from a non-canon game or something. Let's be careful here. Exactly where was it mentioned? I couldn't find it in the scripts, and it would be weird if the name was used in Season Two, then again as the name of Kahless' wife in Season Five.

[ November 24, 2001: Message edited by: Phelps ]

colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ships of Decipher, a card game.

IKS Cha'Joh
    IKS Chang
    IKS Fek'Ihr
    IKS K'Ratak
    IKS Lukara

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

I don't think the Decipher cards count. I mean which Klingon would name their ship after the guardian of Gre'thor?

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps