Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Maybe new ships (possible "Relativity" $) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Maybe new ships (possible "Relativity" $)
The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post 
To "catch the plague," as it were? 8)

[This message was edited by The First One on May 13, 1999.]

Deep6
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Just out of curiousity.....why is Mars still red? I mean it would have no doubt been terraformed by this time and if it were, it's atmosphere should no longer appear red.

------------------
"Well yeah ok thats just about the most awful thing I've ever seen"

IP: Logged
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Concerning where Voyager was built, Janeway mentioned that Voyager was in drydock. My guess is that Voyager was already in her testing stage, almost ready for commisioning. Voyager was just making a stop at Utopia Planitia for some final tests and to pic up the good captain.

Other things:
There went the 12 Galaxies theory. It appears more Galaxies were buing built in 2370. The first 6 Galaxies should have already been completed. Of course, it is also possible that these may have been the first set of ones in storage that were being brought back out.

Why do all the ships look like they are already done? If their done, then why are they still sitting in their construction thing?

As for Federation Construction Yards, here is the list:

San Francisco (TMP, etc)
Earth Station McKinley (VGR, etc)
Spacedock 1 (DS9TM)
Starbase 134 (DS9TM)
Copernicus (I think the Hathaway said Copernicus)
Utopia Planitia (TNG, etc)
Antares (DS9, etc)
40 Erandi-A (I think the Brattain said this one)

------------------
"The one, the only, THE 359!"

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And the Baikonor(sp) Cosmodrome... as per that "Russian" ship in "The Naked Now"...

------------------
"I haven't done any research, but I think the Defiant is 170m."
-Frank Gerratana

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, according to the plaques in the Encyclopedia, there's:
San Fransisco Fleet Yards, Earth
Utopia Planitia Fleet Yards, Mars
Earth Station McKinley, Earth (obviously)
Antares Shipyards, Bajor Sector

------------------
I did it! I did it all! And I'm damn proud of it too!

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oddly enough, it doesn't say where the Enterprise-B was built. San Franciso, IMHO.

------------------
I did it! I did it all! And I'm damn proud of it too!

grb
Ex-Member

Does anyone know what the dedication plague said on it?

------------------
"How many people does it
take before it becomes
wrong? 6,000? 60,000?
How many people does it
take admiral!?!" -Ambassador
Picard during his command
of the Enterprise-E in the
Ba'ku incident.

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's a dedication plague! Run for the hills! Don't dedicate anyone or they'll turn to latinum dust... Wait a minute; if that's the case, I'll be making a fortune soon!

In all seriousness, I have no idea what it said. I'm just tinkering with your minds.

------------------
Quark: "Lesson number one: No one involved in extra-legal activity considers himself nefarious." (DS9: "The Sound of Her Voice")

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post 
Matt, you just contradicted yourself! You just said that the presence of Voyager in a drydock doesn't mean it was being constructed in Mars orbit, then went on to say that the Galaxy in a neighbouring drydock was! It too could be being refitted. . . or maybe it's one of the six spare hulls being de-mothballed to replace the Enterprise or the Odyssey - heck, even the Yamato!
Deep6
Ex-Member

Whether those Galaxies were being constructed, refitted, repaired, or whatever, I am of the believe that Starfleet would build more than the 12 original Galaxies. Of those original 12, at least 3 have been destroyed. The Federation is vast and while Starfleet has hundreds of other vessels, I believe that more than 12 would be required. But thats jsut my opinion....

------------------

Deep6
Ex-Member

Stupid typos......

------------------

Trinculo
Ex-Member

In the latest issue of Star Trek Magazine, there is a photograph of a fleet of Starfleet ships. There are five Galaxies in that photograph. Further, in "Sacrifice of Angels", Capt Sisko speaks of twelve Galaxy Wings. I believe that there were twelve Galaxy Class starships commanding sections of the fleet.
Trinculo
Ex-Member

The Hathaway Dedication Plaque did mention the Copernicus Ship Yards, which are based on Luna. Since this is the only mention and the USS Hathaway is very old, I would surmise that the Copernicus Ship Yards were retired just prior to the completion of the Utopia Planitia Yards. Other shipyards-In the TNGTM, the shipyards for the shuttlecrafts are mentioned. Can anyone find that reference?
A Sidebar: In last year's episode, "In the Pale Moonlight", the Romulan senator mentioned that the shipyards were damaged by the war and were slowly recovering. Could the Dominion have hit Earth before this year? The Sol System has a great many shipyards.
As for the list of shipyards, I don't believe that we have a definitive list of all shipyards.

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What class is the Relativity? I missed the episode.

------------------
What bloke invented signatures?

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Deep6: You can fix typos by clicking on the icon above the post with a piece of paper and a pencil; this lets the author edit the message.

Either twelve wings led by Galaxies or twelve wings comprised solely of Galaxy-class ships. Now there's a thought!

------------------
Quark: "Lesson number one: No one involved in extra-legal activity considers himself nefarious." (DS9: "The Sound of Her Voice")

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps