Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » SotL 2003 Calendar is out! (Page 4)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: SotL 2003 Calendar is out!
Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If ya mean Mojo, Mike, he did post earlier in this thread.

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Monkey!! They were cool links! THANKYOU! WOW! Looks like Mojo/whoever did that pic - referenced TAS! YAY!!

I don't reckon that is a moon - it seems to be there day and night - in the same position - actually is rising slowly!?!

Can two planets exist so close together like that?

I wonder if Mount Selaya is part of Vulcan's Forge?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the common fan explanation (backed by Mandel's Star Charts) is that the "moon" is actually a VERY closeby planet called T'Khut.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

P.S.

I'd loove to see some scans from the calendar, particularly one of the Shikahr/ShirKahr pic. [Smile]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Double post]
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here are a couple of things.

The back cover from Psi Phi I think.

And the Shuttlepod at P'Jem photoshopped together.
http://www.zeetec.net/host/phlox/Landing%20at%20P'Jem.JPG

(P.S. Anyone else having trouble with the preview post button?)

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[rant]

Buy the calendars, ya mooks! The calendars work different than novels in sales figures. Every sold one DOES count, and is a step closer to Mojo being asked back to do the next one if Pocket still wants it! And why would Pocket still want it? BECAUSE THEY SOLD TONS OF THE LAST ONE!

[/rant]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm buying mine as soon as I can get to the shop that sells them. [Razz]

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My girlfreind is buying mine, so I'm sorta helping.

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone oughta talk to Pocket Books Australia (or who ever handles that here - Simon Schuster... MOJO... Last year all the trek calendars were to be found everywhere (at all the little calendar stands) This year NOT A ONE. Asking about it the person at the counter says "I don't know why we don't have them this year". So I ordered Ships of the Line... but the otherday being across the otherside of town found a few copies - but only in one place - and none in Book stores. So something is 'fucked up' there. With distribution.

Andrew

--------------------

SoundEffect
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for SoundEffect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
This is Shikahr/ShirKahr as it appeared in "Yesteryear" (TAS). Here's a nighttime view, which surprisingly includes a large "moon." (So TMP wasn't the first to make that mistake... [Wink]

I didn't think it was a mistake in TMP... Vulcan is in orbit with another planet in the system. They revolve around one another and it's this other planet that has the moon. So Vulcan has no moon, it's just co-orbiting with another nearby planet with one. The Star Charts book includes that depiction on page 58.

--------------------
Stephen L.
-Maritime Science Fiction Modelers-

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So where is this twin planet when we see Vulcan in ST:IV?
In the shot where the Bounty is on approach, the planet is clearly a lone body with no moons or nearby planets.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By that logic, Earth doesnt have a moon, since many of the images of Earth I see lack any orbiting bodies.

You have to be fairly far away from a planet in order to get its satellite in the same frame. The Bounty was on a close approach to Vulcan..

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd gladly buy the calendar myself... I simply haven't seen it yet. I should probably get out more...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Didn't we get a 'distant' view of Vulcan in "Gambit Part II"? and Unification Part I?

Why didn't we see more 'traffic' and 'stations' in orbit. I would assume it'd have to be like Earth.

--------------------

Starship Millennium
Member # 822

- posted      Profile for Starship Millennium     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought that was a little weird too, but when you think about it, most of the time the Enterprise-D returned to Earth it was alone in orbit as well. It's really too bad TNG didn't have the cash to spend or the means to do stuff like orbital facilities...
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps