Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » SotL 2003 Calendar is out! (Page 7)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: SotL 2003 Calendar is out!
Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I guess it wouldn't hurt to throw the idea at them. Preferably wrapped around a brick with 'We want Unseen Frontier' written on it...

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cafeteria food. And not much of it.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Surely they'd want to have a new product... why would they just slot it into the $50 mark!?! How much was Art of Star Trek - I still bought that - and now at least two hard-covered Encyclopaedias.

How many people buy all 4 or 5 calendars each year!?!?!?! That would easily equal the price of Unseen Frontier.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

TheF0rce
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for TheF0rce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps splitting the content of the book into two books and selling one of them first for $25 to test the waters?

Too stupid of an idea? I don't know, I'm just throwing them out without any professional understanding of the printing market. [Razz]

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought of that too Force.

And can I just say - I saw the Star Trek Cartography/Map book today. I don't think I'm buying this - I would by 2 more copies of the Calendar before buying this book.

Its funny how Christian Ruhl was mentioned - I remember doing a whole lot of my 'maps' on here and he was just starting his web page up at the same time. I believe I gave the Gorn - it's "Hegemony" name! LOL! And is that the fair-dinkum Breen symbol in there - the one we see on DS9?

I wouldn't have made Klingon space so bloody big. And The Federation is too skinny... and that's the whole problem which made me abandon any more map making a long time ago. We know too little of any stars. It's VERY hard to do the whole 3d galaxy on a 2d page... the Federation should really look like a smallish ball with lots of tendrils coming out of it on all sides. Wrapped in amongst these tendrils passing on either side and above and below would be the Klingons, Cardassians and Romulans. All Four powers have some sort of connection with each other - and this is very hard to achieve by having them separated on the one plane by the Federation.

Also the Tholians are way out in whoop whoop. They need to be right near the Klingons and the Romulans as several key events between the Federation and these two powers also involved or nearly involved the Tholians. Why would they care if they are further away from Earth than DS9!?!

Oh and it says that first contact with the Tholians was made (by the time) during "The Tholian Web" - Spock etc. had already prior knowledge of the race and their habits.

Oh and the book looks too busy - and confusing.

GIVE US UNSEEN FRONTIER!!

Andrew

--------------------

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
Oh and it says that first contact with the Tholians was made (by the time) during "The Tholian Web" - Spock etc. had already prior knowledge of the race and their habits.

Well, that's not a new snafu. Pretty much anything that's ever been written about the Tholians (both canon and non-canon, and including IIRC the Encyclopedia and official website) has made the same claim. But you're right about it being heavily implied in the episode that there was prior contact.

Or, perhaps, it was just the Vulcans that had had contact with them? [Smile]

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...Or their reputation preceded them? Like the Ferengi.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

That reputation caused by the REAL first contact by Archer. GAH! And then there is the REAL first contact with the Borg by The Hansens. Maybe it was the group Hason!?!

"Resistance is Futile"
"Your technology and culture will service us"

"MMMM Bop!"

"LEAVE LEAVE!!"

*Borg Cube self-implodes*.

[Smile]

--------------------

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps