Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » $$ Impulsive Tech! ["Impulse" Spoilers] (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: $$ Impulsive Tech! ["Impulse" Spoilers]
David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Going back a bit to safety and Trellium D. I wonder why the Vulcans didn't check the stuff first, to make sure it's not toxic to them, before applying them in liberal amounts to the insides of their ship. Seems somewhat past the level of illogical, into the realm of sheer and utter stupidity. Guess the Vulcans never had their lead paint or aspestose-eras. Too bad.

Don't shoot the zombies, shoot the writers.

One also wonders why they didn't just apply it to the outside of their ship, since I think that's what that captured pirate said, they coated their the hull, not the bulkheads. This is assuming the Trellium keeps the anomolies from entering the ship, the anomolies being free-floating entities, rather than preventing them from forming inside the ship, them being just popping into existence randomly.

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:
(and we HAVE seen Vulcans with beards

Besides Spock in "Mirror Mirror"? 'Cause he's half human, and that might be why his facial hair can grow...
And then there's Sybok...oh wait...that means accepting Star Trek V as canon. Zoiks!

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, you're both right. My oversight.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

P.S.

Hey! I like Star Trek V! In fact, I'm going to buy it on DVD when it comes out tomorrow...so nyah! [Razz]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
P.S.

Hey! I like Star Trek V! In fact, I'm going to buy it on DVD when it comes out tomorrow...so nyah! [Razz]

The Digital Bits review of said Shatner product

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which is quite idiotic IMNSHO. Tomorrow (hopefully, provided I find time) I shall post my own review of the film and the DVD special features, and perhaps dispell some of the lingering negativity towards it.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

MrNeutron
Member # 524

quote:
Which is quite idiotic IMNSHO. Tomorrow (hopefully, provided I find time) I shall post my own review of the film and the DVD special features, and perhaps dispell some of the lingering negativity towards it.

I'm afraid you may be setting yourself up for a counter-review where I'll flay the film open like a Targ at a Klingon feast. [Big Grin]

--------------------

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

Bring it on.
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WRT to the additional monitors I mentioned earlier, I've determined they were installed during over hiatus after all. We do not see 'em at the end in "The Expanse", but in the first bridge scenes in "The Xindi" there they are (and in the shuttlepods, too). It's possible therefore that they are partly to monitor the unique properties of the Expanse.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps