Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Wanted: PC Game shiplists (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Wanted: PC Game shiplists
Evolved
Member # 389

- posted      Profile for Evolved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was an exterior image that showed it was a Constitution welded with various other ships such as a Bird of Prey.
Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm, never noticed a Constitution in there, guess I wasn't paying enough attention
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's actually visible when you dock with the Klingon ship (it's been a while...do you dock with a D7?) But the sequence is shot in such a way that you don't notice the ship. Even when you leave, it's not immedietly obvious.

I think they wanted to make it a surprise to long-term fans. Newer fans might not recognise the ships interiors, but they'd know a Starfleet ship from the outside, so if they'd signposted it more, it would have just caused confusion for those fans who had never seen "Mirror, Mirror".

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, if you hang around on the bridge or in the turbolift after PointyEars orders you to the transporter room and eavesdrop on the conversation, you'll hear EnsignBoy say it's a Constitution class. Of course, right after that you're beamed to the brig for insubordiation, which is sort of an anti-climax, but still...
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And just because I'm in special touch with my nerdy side today:

-

-

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe I'll try that bitch after finishing my Achilles class (Actually, I've found some of my old stuff on a CD, the top/side-views of the Aegian and Iwo Jima from A2 for example - the stuff I posted here, just better resolution). The Achilles outline is done so far, all I have to do is give her some color. But this one looks extremely interesting. Can anyone identify the Malon ship? There should be one somwhere. Maybe some of those bubbles?

(And thanks for the BotF hint!)

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess you win this round [Big Grin]
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's weird about those shots is, if you know there's a Constitution there it's extrememly obvious; if you don't though, it's not that hard for your eyes to just pass over it. Or maybe it's just me.

quote:
Originally posted by Cartman:
Actually, if you hang around on the bridge or in the turbolift after PointyEars orders you to the transporter room and eavesdrop on the conversation, you'll hear EnsignBoy say it's a Constitution class. Of course, right after that you're beamed to the brig for insubordiation, which is sort of an anti-climax, but still...

Really? How does the dialogue go?

Kim: Strange, there's a Constitution-class vessel as part of the scavenger base.

Tuvok: YOU ARE BEING INSUBORINATE, MAN OR WOMAN! GO TO THE BRIG!

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cpt. Kyle Amasov:
Maybe I'll try that bitch after finishing my Achilles class (Actually, I've found some of my old stuff on a CD, the top/side-views of the Aegian and Iwo Jima from A2 for example - the stuff I posted here, just better resolution). The Achilles outline is done so far, all I have to do is give her some color. But this one looks extremely interesting. Can anyone identify the Malon ship? There should be one somwhere. Maybe some of those bubbles?

(And thanks for the BotF hint!)

Didint you start the Ageian and Iwo Jima waaaaaay back when aban was first making his illustration of the Weber?

Show us what ya got on your take on the Iwo jima.
SHOW US!

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is the latest version of the Iwo Jima sideview (the topview is not yet ready to be shown).

-

And the first sketch of the Achilles. Note that the details such as hull markings and windows are just placeholders. Just the overall shape is important. Why do I always choose the most ugly ships (at least sideview-wise, the top-view doesn't look that bad)? Once, just once, I want to do an image of the Galaxy. Or the Constitution refit. Or the Nebula. But nooo, of course I do ships like the Norway or that stupid freighter from Enterprise. [Roll Eyes]

-

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmmm....It's a nice illustration of the Iwo Jima so far but there's nit much that anyone can do for that deaign from the side.
Mabye the top view will help make it look cool.

I'm undecided on the Achilles.
On one hand, I hate the bright red deflector(!) but on the other, it's still far better looking than the Prommie.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

SwSmith
Member # 1319

- posted      Profile for SwSmith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The ship's listed on Star Trek Bridge, did any of them have registry numbers on them. I know the USS Sovereign had NCC-73811, but what about the rest of them.
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In SFCIII in the first mission of the Federation campaign you encounter this completely wacked for accuracy ship:

USS Mercutio
NCC-4452
Light Cruiser (Intrepid Class)
Commissioned: SD 21554.1
Built at: Antares IV Fleet Yards
Commander: Captain Kaufman

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NCC-74452?

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

aneurysm
Member # 906

- posted      Profile for aneurysm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No he got it right. SFC was way off on the accuracy of the couple of ships it gives registries to.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps