Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » REQUEST - The Definitive Starship Bridge Screencap Collection (Page 13)

This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  23  24  25   
Author Topic: REQUEST - The Definitive Starship Bridge Screencap Collection
Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Point of interest:
The simulator bridge has at least one difference from the standard bridge, a no smokeing sign
"NO SMOCKING AT ANY TIME ON BRIDGE"

Is that for the crew, or the consoles?

MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Boh:
Point of interest:
The simulator bridge has at least one difference from the standard bridge, a no smokeing sign
"NO SMOCKING AT ANY TIME ON BRIDGE"

Is that for the crew, or the consoles?

Apparently, it means the crew is not to wear smocks... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Working on the runabout in its various cockpit configurations.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Chris W.
Member # 1347

- posted      Profile for Chris W.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, when will the first version of this collection be available for public view?

--------------------
Yeah, I'm the same guy from prev. incarnations of these forums.

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to volunteer for yet another service, besides bridge overhead plans: seamless panoramas.

As an example, I present TMP bridge panorama, made from G2k caps:
http://republika.pl/kazeite/images/tmp-pano.jpg

See? No seams. [Smile] I think that all those panoramas presented here would look better without all those seams, wouldn't you say?

So, you all can send me individual images and I will stitch them together seamlessly.

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do we even want it for public view. Perhaps we should just keep it to Flare members.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps we should have a password and a secret handshake as well... [Big Grin]

Hey Kaz, the problem with seamless panoramas is that they are pretty hard to comeby because from what I've found the depth of the zoom changes with the pan. I found that with Janeways walk across Voyagers bridge that I posted the panorama for a page or two back.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dat:
Do we even want it for public view. Perhaps we should just keep it to Flare members.

BUT WE ARE SHOWOFFS
Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Futurama Guy:
Hey Kaz, the problem with seamless panoramas is that they are pretty hard to comeby because from what I've found the depth of the zoom changes with the pan.

Yeah, I know...

But like I said, I can do this. You think it was easy to do this TMP panorama? Bah! [Smile]
I had to skew, cut and blend various pieces to connect them together, but I'm reasonably happy with the outcome. So, I thought, what the hell, maybe I should do other panoramas as well, if I'm permitted.

Am I? [Wink]

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But do you really want to go through all that trouble with the many bridges that we have (or gonna have)?

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice panorama! Is it just me - but that guy behind Uhura handing something up to the ceiling - SO should have been wearing a 'top' to go over the jump suit to hide his erm... modesty. [Smile]

I'm sure the extra was pleased when it was on at the movies - on the big screen [Wink]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dat:

Seems like it would be a waste to hoard such a valuable resourse.
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like platinum in the trade of nerds.

Maybe not.

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Guardian 2000:
Working on the runabout in its various cockpit configurations.

http://www.st-v-sw.net/images/Trek/Special/bridges/

Within, you'll now find images of the various 'bridges' of the runabouts, separated by season and episode. Below, you'll find excessive detail regarding the shots:

DS9-1 shots include some basic establishing shots. Note the position of the transporter cramping up the whole cockpit, the blocky things at the forward corners for characters to bash their heads upon, and the uh-oh-we-forgot-a-door from "Past Prologue", replaced by the time of "The Passenger". The doodads on the former back wall were moved behind the door, with access to the aft compartment to the left or right.

(This always used to seem like an error to me, since the runabout's mission-specific modules were supposed to be on either side of a central hallway. But, the runabout model does have enough extra space for there to be a hallways on the side which rejoin into a central hallway. There's a second, smaller set of side windows which would be the logical point for this to occur.)

(And, though I didn't cap it, there's an access port just behind the center cockpit console but in front of the transporter. It is from here that the dude from Past Prologue inserted and launched his little bomb. The hatch itself was not visible in the shot, but I think it's the same as is seen in DS9-7 (as capped) and the same as from DS9-2's "The Jem'Hadar".)

There were no major changes for season two, except that the blocky corner-thingies got some extra controls on the vertical faces, so that now you could bash your head and simultaneously activate the ship's self-destruct or something.

DS9-3 sees the replacement of the blocky corner-thingies by more head-friendly controls, so that now the front half of the cockpit has a nice wrap-around effect. This alters the floorplan slightly, and undoubtedly made the cramped cockpit feel a bit less cramped.

DS9-4 had no readily-apparent changes.

For DS9-5, the aft door was widened and the transporter was moved, "inserted" into the wall that formerly existed behind the door. Whatever was in the wall there before evidently got moved or miniaturized somehow. In place of the transporter, a free-standing console was placed on the floor. This goofy-shaped unit served no readily-apparent purpose except to make the floor less boring, which would've been better accomplished by a normal TNG-era console.

That was pretty much the final configuration of the cockpit, as the various DS9-7 shots reveal.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

seanr
Member # 277

- posted      Profile for seanr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gaurdian - can you get the caps any larger than that? Especially the TMP Klingon bridge shots?

Dat, what's the point of doing it if it's not ut there and available to the general public? I honestly think you guys out to get the content posted to www.trek-reference.net as well.

The panorama is pefect, but as with Gaurdians shots a little too low-res. If you can get your DVD software to rip at double that res, they'd be a lot more usefull.

--------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]
WEBolutionary
Speaking Freely

"The ulimate measure of a man is not where he stands in times of comfort and convenience, but where he stands in times of challenge and controversy."
-- Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  23  24  25   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps