Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » REQUEST - The Definitive Starship Bridge Screencap Collection (Page 10)

This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  23  24  25   
Author Topic: REQUEST - The Definitive Starship Bridge Screencap Collection
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So those are yours? Or do you speak of getting better ones? Sean's are a little grainy and liney, but if that's what XP does to it (as you've mentioned before), then I'll take it.

As for the rest, I'm pleased to report that we've got nearly everything now. it'll slow down for a couple weeks while Harry and his web skills are on vacation, and I'm prepping for a convention that I help organize. Updates will, as always, be posted here as they happen. Jan's working on an overhead view of the Br!ttain bridge, so I'm looking forward to that!

Mark

PS - As of this morning, acknowledged receipt of E-B and ST6 Excelsior screenshots.

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually I was just saying that to keep it as 'Members of Flare Original' (MOFO) as possible I could make the caps instead of asking an outsider for permissions and keep it in the family, so to say.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, okay - I gotcha. I certainly have no problem with keeping it a Flare Original. However, we should still expect to have the best source material possible. What we've got is nothing short of fantastic, but we shouldn't be so arrogant to assume that we're the be-all and end-all.

I think we just upped the ante for ourselves. [Wink]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WE BE BAD MOFOS!

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

seanr
Member # 277

- posted      Profile for seanr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You all are free to use my refs if you wish. Just be sure to credit Joe Ralat and Richard Compton as well as myself. Anywhere my name appears should be linked to http://www.webolutionary.com. Joe used to have a site but I have no idea what happened to it, and I haven't seen him around in a VERY long time. [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] I don't believe Richard Compton ever did have one.

--------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]
WEBolutionary
Speaking Freely

"The ulimate measure of a man is not where he stands in times of comfort and convenience, but where he stands in times of challenge and controversy."
-- Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Captain Serek
Member # 1038

- posted      Profile for Captain Serek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Between a few vacations and the making of new overhead views I guess this place will be quiet for a bit. Then there is the compilation of all of those screen caps and overheads and cutaways to make it coherent. It looks like a big job. If any help is needed, let me know, I would love to help in some small way.

--------------------
I've come a long way for the power of Genesis, and what do I find? A Square Pegs reject, another actress playing Saavik, and Leonard Nimoy's stand-in.

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A question about the site itself: Would each ship have its own page, with the main listing just showing a single thumbnail/overhead?
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i should think only a few bridges were seen enough to warrant a page-load of data.
(NCC-1701, 1701-refit, 1701-A, 1701-D, NX-01, Voyager, Defiant, SaoPaulo-Defiant, and Excelsior)

I doubt many other bridges besides those mentioned were even seen more than once (mostly as a redress of one of those mentioned)

however, i think one of the most interesting details will be pinning down which bridges are rearrangements of each one.. there have been several extra bridge sets that have been reused over and over, evolving and being revised constantly.. the Flashback-Excelsior becoming Equinox and NX-Prometheus and stuff like that

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

seanr
Member # 277

- posted      Profile for seanr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Capped - that last point is something I've spent a fair amount of time on, having modeled virtually every single variant of the TFF and TUC bridge sets. Even the First Contact bridge uses parts from the TUC set (computer consoles, turbolift alcoves, etc.). The Flashback/Prometheus/Equinox set uses none of the original parts and suffers greatly for it. The Defiant was reused a number of times, appearing as various alien bridges in Voyager. There was a console which originally appeared in DS9 (possibly even late TNG, but I'm not sure about that) that has appeared multiple times in every series since.

I sure am glad Paramount did that, because it makes my job of building those sets far easier. [Wink]

--------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]
WEBolutionary
Speaking Freely

"The ulimate measure of a man is not where he stands in times of comfort and convenience, but where he stands in times of challenge and controversy."

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually the turbolift alcoves come directly off the TMP set. That's the only original movie set piece that survived up the Nemesis, discounting any of the doors.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

seanr
Member # 277

Right. Massive parts of the TUC sets are reused from the original TMP sets. I didn't bother going back that far because I assumed that to be common knowledge, and it would have forced some seriously clumsy wording on that sentence.

--------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]
WEBolutionary
Speaking Freely

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Capped in Mike:
i should think only a few bridges were seen enough to warrant a page-load of data.
(NCC-1701, 1701-refit, 1701-A, 1701-D, NX-01, Voyager, Defiant, SaoPaulo-Defiant, and Excelsior)

I doubt many other bridges besides those mentioned were even seen more than once

No, they may not be seen alot, but even in one episode if the bridge is used throughout there is probably a good deal of angles and shots used (provided its a full set)
seanr
Member # 277

That's only helpfull if someone's got the episode on DVD and has a player in their coputer from which they can rip screencaps. The main problem is that the screencaps are IMPOSSIBLE to find online.

--------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]
WEBolutionary
Speaking Freely

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

Thats exactly what we're doing...
Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So what's lacking now?

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  23  24  25   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps