Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » REQUEST - The Definitive Starship Bridge Screencap Collection (Page 15)

This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  23  24  25   
Author Topic: REQUEST - The Definitive Starship Bridge Screencap Collection
Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do we have anyone capable of doing those?
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Serek:
I do not anticipate either publication to come across any time in the near future and who knows, it may just be the kick in the ass they need to bring it back. [Wink]

And maybe monkeys will fly freely from our collective arses...

START EATING YOUR BANANAS!

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So you're asking if anyone here has the ability to produce perfectly extrapolated three-dimensional artist's impressions of bridge plans, which, just by virtue of being as good as the ones in the defunct magazines, will spontaneously lead to the revival of those titles? It's a good question, one best countered with a question of my own: when exactly did you arrive on this planet?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Serek:
Dat, just a silly question (I seem to be asking alot of these), but may i ask why you are choosing not to attempt the 3-D cutaways ala Fact Files/Magazine for the bridges they never did and should have? For a project like this it would be a nice addition, but I will understand why. I do not anticipate either publication to come across any time in the near future and who knows, it may just be the kick in the ass they need to bring it back. [Wink]

I, unfortunatly do not have the skills to acomplish this feat. I can throw around ideas, but that's the extent that I can contribute. Sorry.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, for the ships we have a definite grasp of the scale of, and a decent idea of the set configuration, it would be cool to draw sideview cutaways of some bridges. i accomplished something similar in an old paint program using a series of standard templates to create a bridge sideview. with vector drawers and photoshopping, it might be a suitable artistic endeavour, especially if we throw canon to the wind and attempt to illustrate unseen functions of some of this strange architecture.

for some designs, it would be demonstrative of just how unlikely they are, like the bridges that don't fit into the ship theyre supposed to, etc..

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We know most of the three dozen-odd bridges fearured at EAS (which I assume has pretty much a complete a collection) were ultimately based on one or two existing sets, so I suppose in theory it might be possible to do a cut'n'paste job? Don't know what it's end up looking like though, I suspect it'd be a dog's dinner. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Captain Serek
Member # 1038

- posted      Profile for Captain Serek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In my own defense, I was just doing wishful thinking on my part as far as the bringing back of the defunt zines. As far as skills and talent, I agree, we do know or are at least can exprolate what sets were redressed to create said bridges. Also, in looking at the EAS bridges, a down and dirty copy and paste is possible and would not look as good as an original drawing using Illustrator, Freehand or whatever drawing software is out there, plus any Photoshop or paint programs as well. Will it be easy, hell, no! The talent required is certainly what I and some others would consider a challenge. Will it add to the website, Hell, yes. Since this website is, what I am hoping anyway, is THE definitve site on starship bridges we have seen since TOS. Given the fact that Flare-ites consider themselves the ultimate starship authority, an opinion which I share, the quality will be added that much more. Can it be done, yes. Will it be done, maybe not now, but as more images come in and are uploaded on to the site, possibly. I, hopefuly, am not the only who would not mind seeing this done to add another level to this already ambitious project. [Big Grin]

--------------------
I've come a long way for the power of Genesis, and what do I find? A Square Pegs reject, another actress playing Saavik, and Leonard Nimoy's stand-in.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there a list of all the completed capped bridges?

Anyone got Kassidy Yate's TOS-esque bridge?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
A Klingon/Betazed counselor: "I feel your pain...and like it"

(From Captain Serek's signature file.)

A Ferengi/Betazoid child... "I can't hear myself think!" [Smile]

--------------------

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe everything up Season 3 of Voyager has been capped (including the "Xhosa"), actually, maybe the E-D from "Enc@Farpoint" may still be needed...

--------------------

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apologies once again, guys. The compiled list of what we've got will be at the top of the list of priorities when I get back home, after finishing up this convention.

Damn, the cosplayers are HOT this year...

Mark

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

Shazzam! Layout of Voyagers bridge.

-

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Interesting, so if you were at the Engineering or Science consoles you wouldn't really have a good view of the main view screen. Speaking of which - what are the two arcs either side of it representing? Unused doors?

--------------------

seanr
Member # 277

- posted      Profile for seanr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those arcs represent wild walls - they can be rolled out in order to allow the placement of a camera outside the actual boundries of the set.

Futurama, where did you get that from? With these plans, if there are any scale indicators of any kind on the originals, please try to maintain them on the cleaned up version. The biggest problem I have doing sets in trueSpace is determining the scale of the actual set.

--------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]
WEBolutionary
Speaking Freely

"The ulimate measure of a man is not where he stands in times of comfort and convenience, but where he stands in times of challenge and controversy."
-- Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah yes... the mystery hallway leading off the bridge. I've always assumed that leads to the corridor aft of the bridge and possibly to a ramp down to deck 2. Of course, the episode where Chakotay is wandering through different time periods of the ship's existence and drags Janeway into that hallway kind of ruins the layout of the ship back there... but I choose to ignore that.

Re: the view of the main viewscreen from Science and Engineering - I think there was actually a scene shot from this vantage point in early season one, when Voyager hurt the living Nebula. They were trying to figure out how to fix it and Janeway muted the viewer to quiet the holoDoc up. The view was a little pinched, but you could see it alrght.

This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  23  24  25   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps