Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » REQUEST - The Definitive Starship Bridge Screencap Collection (Page 22)

This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25   
Author Topic: REQUEST - The Definitive Starship Bridge Screencap Collection
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Scooter! Yes, your help would be appreciated... I'm pretty toughed out here with other responsibilities and priorites, and I apologize again for dropping the ball. But TABASCO does need a kick in the pants to get a workable version running.

Tell you guys what... THIS WEEKEND, I'll put up a screencap collection of no fewer than ten ships to start us off, caps and full-sized pics. We'll turn it over to interested HTML parties and get SOMETHING working. We'll improve it incrementally from there. [Smile]

Now - with regards to the TABASCO logo, perhaps we shoudl use it as a watermark or something? Thoughts?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hokay, I've got a set of 99 screencaps and thumbnails for eleven ships:

Brattain
Defiant (1st configuration)
Enterprise-A (ST-6)
Enterprise-B
Excelsior (ST3)
Excelsior (ST6)
Lakota
Odyssey
Reliant
Sau Paulo
Valiant

Thumbnails are 175 pixels wide, which look sufficient to me. Now sending to various peoples, unless someone can host it (zip file, ~5.6 megs).

Now, who's still up for some HTML? [Smile]

Mark

--------------------

seanr
Member # 277

- posted      Profile for seanr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
175px? Do you have full sized images, or just the thumbnails?

--------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]
WEBolutionary
Speaking Freely

"The ulimate measure of a man is not where he stands in times of comfort and convenience, but where he stands in times of challenge and controversy."
-- Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

I've got both. What we were waiting for was for me to sort through all the raw images and select the most representative caps for each bridge, make thmubnails for 'em, and then we could make the requisite HTML to link to one through the other. The ZIP file contains both the caps and the full-sized pictures.

Mark

--------------------

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can host the zip file, just send it to me at andrew -at- thehappypill.ca and I'll throw it online tonight
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

Can do. [Smile]

Mark

--------------------

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its up at
http://www.thehappypill.ca/tobasco/

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

Excellent - awesome stuff, man!

Mark

--------------------

machf
Member # 1233

- posted      Profile for machf         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now you'll need some HTML to properly display them, I guess...? (otherwise, what are the thumbnails meant for?)
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been doodling a bit:

http://www.harryd.net/tabasco/

It's only another template of mine with different colors. Although I'm slightly colorblind, so it might actually look like shit...

Since we're calling it TABASCO, we might as well go for a TABASCO-like style. And it's certainly a break from the everpresent white-on-black Star Trek sites.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was about to utter an indignant "HEY!" at that last bit, but then I saw you linked to me on the main page, so I'm mollified. Design looks good. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Scooter
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got Mark's email, and I'm still here to help. I'm no designer so I leave that to Harry and anyone else who wants to chip in their two cents. Writing the code to power the site is my specialty. But I don't want to get into that until we've settled on a design. I like Harry's layout and styling (do you hang out at ALA too?), but the green is a bit hard on the eyes (well, mine anyway). I'll go with whatever the majority wants.
IP: Logged
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I 'hang out' on ALA as in 'I read it'. This particular design uses a few of their tricks (the rounded divs, for example).

A database-driven approach would indeed be the easiest way to maintain a site like this, but I'm not sure what, if any, server-side scripting Lee's host supports (since we were planning in hosting it at http://tabasco.phasers.net ). Although judging from that link, there's a cgi-bin folder, mich makes me think 'Perl!'.

I'm more of a PHP man myself, so I won't be of much help with Perl.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The account allows all sorts of bells and whistles. We have a photo album set up on the site, using Gallery, so I had to learn all about CHMODing to get it working (which it does now, very nicely). Basically you need to find out exactly what you need in terms of script support and I'll find out if it's available. The account plan I'm on isn't one they sell anymore - although I'm allowed to keep renewing it - but I think it supports CGI, Perl, PHP, SSI, C/C++, maybe one MySQL database. . . Likewise, I don't know how much control the FTP account I set up for TABASCO allows, so it may be that I have to do any CHMODing that goes on to make the site work.

--------------------

Lee
Member # 393

Harry - send me a simple placeholder index.htm page I can bung up on the site, just in case. . .

--------------------

This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps