Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » $$ Remotely Interesting Tech! ["Babel One" Spoilers] (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: $$ Remotely Interesting Tech! ["Babel One" Spoilers]
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right, I know that. And I'm saying that it's like the Romulans in this season of ENT. Which is a good thing. [Smile]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's the Romulan warship:

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/schematics/thefight-ship.jpg

How did I find this pic so fast? Because the ship is just a re-use of the "Flea" ship from some half-rate Voyager episode. The only two differences are that the Romulan version has holo-emitters on the hull, and the color is green (although, strangely, it's the olive-green color of Klingon ships rather than the lime-green color of the Romulan ships in "Minefield" and the D'Deridexes). So that explains why this ship doesn't even look vaguely Romulan.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which means that this episode really features no new designs at all. >.<;;

"The Fight"? That's the Chakotay Boxing episode. Wierd, I don't even remember there being another ship in that episode. Given its placement in Voyager though, at the time it was probably a lower-res ship seen in the background or something. Give it new textures, a few new roundish emmitters, and voila! No one will notice. [Razz]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Neutrino 123
Member # 1327

- posted      Profile for Neutrino 123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find it strange that Enterprise did reasonably well fighting the Romulan Fleaship, which had no problem destroying two Imperial Guard ships...

The photon torpedoes seem to give Enterprise parity with the supposedly more advanced races.

--------------------
Neutrino 123 (pronounced Neutrino One-Two-Three)

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, I just downloaded the preview for "United" seen at the end of the UPN broadcast of this episode. It's not exactly a spoiler, but it gives us something to look forward to. Towards the beginning of the preview, there's a shot of Enterprise surrounded by Vulcan, Andorian, and Tellarite ships. There's a familiar and long-missed design in the lower left.

About FREAKING time, man. [Smile]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

MarianLH
Member # 1102

- posted      Profile for MarianLH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:
There's a familiar and long-missed design in the lower left.

An Ambassador?

[Big Grin]
Marian

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now that's funny.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay! Woo! I just finished watching "Babel One" - OMG It was FANTASTIC! WOO!

Yes, yes - everything everyone has said above. Loved it all.

References to T'Pol's marriage. Reed liking her bum. Romulans, Tellarites, Vulcans, Humans, Denobulans, Andorians! WOO!

That pull back was FANTASTIC. For a moment there I thought they may have stumbled into either an alternate bridge or one that was some-how out of phase with the real one that Trip and Reed stumbled into.

BOTH Romulan Logos were seen!! The TNG Blue and Green (superior one I might add) was seen on bulk-heads etc. The Nemesis design was etched into the bulkhead. Maybe it's more of a Emperial Seal sort of thing?

When they mentioned why the Romulans cared about disrupting talks between Andorians and Tellarites - I thought "future guy!" for a split second! [Big Grin]

Tellarites - they were great - they have REALLY fleshed out this species in just one episode. GREAT!

Anyone catch the reference by Shran to "spouses"? Remember Andorians have a weddings that involve 4 people! The creators have done their homework people!

Enterprise is GREAT!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I'm not so sure it was meant to refer to the Andorian foursome wedding so much as he meant that more than one of his 86 crew was married, and he knew their spouses.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well it's nice to believe that that is what they were referring to.

--------------------

SoundEffect
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for SoundEffect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it was in the StarTrek.com's synopsis and cast list, although not revealed yet, that the Romulan commander played by Brian Thompson, will be named 'Valdore', yet another of the many Nemesis references in this episode arc. ...so that's who they name their newest Warbird's after...

--------------------
Stephen L.
-Maritime Science Fiction Modelers-

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Or at least another person with the name Valdore.

Brian Thompson makes another appearance on a sci-fi show.

OK I remember him being on Trek as a Klingon, Crusade as that genetically altered guy, The X-Files as the Alien Bounty hunter.

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure we've previously had the discussion of just how many science fiction appearances Brian Thompson has made.

If we're lucky, the Romulan holoship's origin will be left obscure, and we can assume they stole it from somewhere, thus explaining its appearance.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brian Thompson was also the alien wanting Kira in a holonovel in "Rules of Acquisition" and a Jem'Hadar in "To The Death". He's also been on Charmed and Birds of Prey.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
If we're lucky, the Romulan holoship's origin will be left obscure, and we can assume they stole it from somewhere, thus explaining its appearance.
Unfortunately, the second Romulan stated that the ship was a prototype, implying that it is, in fact, a Romulan vessel.
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps