Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » $$ Crazy Ivana Tenchle! ["Divergence" Spoilers] (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: $$ Crazy Ivana Tenchle! ["Divergence" Spoilers]
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Both those episodes have discrepancies.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
But one could assume that if proper quarantine proceedures took place, then there would be normal Klingons still out there and the virus (stopped in stage 1) will remain in those infected areas.

There's always the probability of uninfected Klingons out there. But for the survival of the species, it would make sense to innoculate as many people as possible... Plus, let's say the council got infected - how much pride would be lost if they ha to go ridgeless while everyone else stayed the same?

Hey, what about those Klingons Voyager ran into... Anyone remember when they left the Empire?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Voyager Klingons left around 2390 or close to it I think.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow... They travelled back in time to meet up with Voyager. [Wink]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I presume he meant 2290. [Wink]

I must have missed the prologue, which is odd because I recorded the whole thing. Oh well.

I still am not quite prepared to suspend my disbelief that EVERY SINGLE KLINGON we saw from 2266 to 2270 was smooth-headed, and NOT A SINGLE ONE after that.

OTOH, I suppose we can go with the old FASA notion that the High Council used the Klingon-augments to interact with humans along the border because they were better suited to it. General K'Vagh *did* seem to imply that this was their intended purpose all along.

This is one of those stories that could have worked well, but wasn't executed very effectively. Too many plot elements were not clearly defined and thus seemed to change throughout the course of the episodes. The reason for kidnapping Phlox (to cure a plague or create Klingon-augments?) and the nature of the Klingon ridges' transmutation (caused by the genetic tampering or a side effect of the virus?) are the two most prominent examples.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

machf
Member # 1233

- posted      Profile for machf         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:

I also thought while watching it about Archer - Human, Vulcan, Klingon - what next!?! [Big Grin]

He turns into Daniels?
Manticore
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Manticore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
4. I liked the Fleet Admiral's ship - I'm sure that is new!
Actually, it's the D5 battlecruiser, which first showed up in Marauders as a dilithium freighter variant, and later in Judgement as my favorite Klingon ship of all time.

--------------------
Fell deeds await. Now for Wrath... Now for Ruin... and a Red Dawn...
-Theoden, TTT

Lord Vorkosigan does not always get what he wants!

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey sombody recreated the Enterprise/Columbia scene in the Star Trek Bridge Commander game.

click here

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reminds me of that first season of Blackadder! [Big Grin]

"Percy: Only this morning in the courtyard I saw a horse with two heads and two bodies!
Blackadder: Two horses standing next to each other?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Manticore:
quote:
4. I liked the Fleet Admiral's ship - I'm sure that is new!
Actually, it's the D5 battlecruiser, which first showed up in Marauders as a dilithium freighter variant, and later in Judgement as my favorite Klingon ship of all time.
Well I liked the position they put the camera - looking down at it from a higher orbit.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Too many plot elements were not clearly defined and thus seemed to change throughout the course of the episodes. The reason for kidnapping Phlox (to cure a plague or create Klingon-augments?) and the nature of the Klingon ridges' transmutation (caused by the genetic tampering or a side effect of the virus?) are the two most prominent examples."

They kidnapped Phlox to cure the plague. The general just wanted him to perfect the augmentation in the process.

And I got the impression that the change in appearance was caused by the virus, but I could be wrong.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Change in appearance was caused by the fact that human augment DNA was more "aggressive" than they expected, and they couldn't compensate. Virus just made it spread to people they didn't purposefully infect.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone have the dialogue handy? I remember someone giving the order to disable the Klingon ships' engines. The corresponding FX show the Bird of Prey's "blocks" on either side of the dorsal hump getting hit. Were they taking out the warp or impulse engines?

B.J.

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found the dialogue, but can't see where the reference was made...actually, i did find: "One of the ships is losing power." -- "Their port nacelle is vulnerable." -- "Then fire at will.". Not sure if that is referring to the Klingons or Starfleet.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was refuring to one of the BoP's nacelles as I remember.
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps