Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Photos from the Trek auction (Defiant, Reliant, etc) (Page 15)

This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  28  29  30   
Author Topic: Photos from the Trek auction (Defiant, Reliant, etc)
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
[QUOTE]What does it say in red writing on the cartoon to the top left of Porthos' pin-up board? It's written below the "BARK BARK BARK" writing.

"I LOVE SPRING ON RISA!"

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think he means the red writing on the same cartoon.

After a little manipulation of the color levels, it appears to say "No Vulcan mice!!". I don't get it.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The n almost looks like a y in your 'vulcan' to me, it doesn't look like the other n's. The n in no and on stand out far better.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This week we've got Archer's model spaceship from Broken Bow. The odd thing is that one of these was in the Christie's auction and comparing the photos, they're virtually identical. The only difference I can see is that the one from the Christie's auction had a black window frame. Maybe it didn't sell and got passed onto It's A Wrap?

There's a MACO patch, which might be helpful reference for somebody.

One of those phaser power cells that they ceremoniously stacked up on the Defiant in the war arc.

An Andorian communicator. Pretty basic, kinda looks like a cross between a computer mouse and a telephone receiver. Maybe it is...

A Cardy shatter design LCARS panel. Not particularly remarkable, but maybe the sort of thing you'd nick from the set on the last day of filming. [Razz]

Mayweather's bulletin board, for anyone who wondered what he did during all that time he wasn't involved in the exciting week-to-week activities. There's a star chart that's nigh impossible to make out and a CGI pic of a shuttlepod that's unfortunately covered up.

That's it really, aside from the usual array of PADDS and costumes.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not much of interest last week, but there was:

Klingon ship hull used in close ups in "A Matter of Honor".

Force field generator from Enterprise with Uhura's wotsits.

Starship list PADD from TNG.

Sisko's carry bag which I always thought was kinda nifty.

A Starfleet file with a closeup of the mission control badge.

Kirk's spacesuit

Ten Forward lounge's doors... next week, the kitchen sink.

--------------------

Johnny
Member # 878

Last week there wasn't much besides an Exocomp and a foam model of the Romulan Senate. This week, there's the giant Negh'Var model used in the MU battle with the Defiant.

A set of Breen armour which may interest some.

And scale drawings of the NX-01 bridge set.

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So only the underside of the MU Negh'Var existed as a physical model?
Johnny
Member # 878

Well I just read the caption for the item and it claims they used a 30-foot model in the MU scene, while this one's only seven foot. I'm not so sure about that. 30 feet is huge.. and there was definitely a fully detailed Negh'Var model, so why else would this one have been built?

I'm sure it actually is the model from the Defiant/MU Negh'Var battle, which only required an underside.

--------------------

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There WERE dorsal shots of the Negh'Var at warp, but they could have easily used the existing model for that. The larger ventral shots would certainly have required the larger model for the additional detail. I'm surprised it wasn't mentioned in the DS9 Companion...

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Johnny
Member # 878

Last week's odds and ends...

The well known Andy Probert painting from the Ent-D's sickbay.

Starship debris which I think we saw twice, once as Neelix's debris field and another time in WotW as the Cardassian ships destroyed by the Klingon invasion. You can pick out a Connie/Miranda class nacelle and nacelle pylon, Galaxy neck and some bits that look Klingon.

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know that wreckage might have been on display at the Hayden Planetarium before its renovation, but I can't be sure.
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Johnny, thanks for keeping tabs on this stuff for us.

Although I can see the obvious Reliant nacelle and pylon, and the Klingon wreckage, the fourth object looks nothing like a Galaxy class starship neck. Or am I not seeing it clearly?

I wonder...is this wreckage really from the scenes from Neelix's debris field and in WotW as the Cardassian ships destroyed by the Klingon invasion? If so, that's highly unusual wreckage, since it's Starfleet and Klingon. Perhaps this is actually from the unused Wolf 359 footage from "Emissary"?

Johnny
Member # 878

No problem, I look at the auctions each week anyway, so I might as well post anything I spot that might interest people. [Smile]

I couldn't figure it out right away when I read the caption, but the galaxy neck is upside down with some random brown objects stuck to it. You can see the windows and forward torpedo launcher in the fourth picture on the right hand side.

I wasn't totally sure about the appearances of the debris, but I checked and Ex Astris has pics. You can make out the nacelle in the top right hand corner, though I can't see any of the other bits from the auction pics. Maybe they were used in other battle scenes like you suggest?

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/inconsistencies/props/debris-neelix-caretaker2.jpg
http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/inconsistencies/props/debris-cardassian-wayofthewarrior.jpg

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The "debris" is also the USS Olympia from THe Sound of Her Voice- I just watched that episode last night and happened to freeze-frame that shot to see what was there.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the nacelle, maybe. None of the other stuff was there. The half-destroyed saucer of the refit Enterprise from STIII was there, though, and at least one other bit of wreckage that doesn't seem to match anything in the ebay pics.

[ August 04, 2007, 10:45 AM: Message edited by: The Mighty Monkey of Mim ]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  28  29  30   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps