Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Photos from the Trek auction (Defiant, Reliant, etc) (Page 14)

This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  28  29  30   
Author Topic: Photos from the Trek auction (Defiant, Reliant, etc)
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This one is a real eye-opener!!

Could this one solve a mystery in Star Trek VI?

If we can tell which of these attendees to the Khitomer conference were wearing this - we can work out what the Romulan Flag there is. (There was a thread about the symbols at the Khitomer conference a long time ago).

Actually - weren't there also Romulans, then at the Enterprise Crew hearing in Star Trek IV? They were the ones agreeing with the Klingon Ambassador re: Kirk... I always thought it was weird that some Vulcans were agreeing with the Ambassador about Kirk - and I DID assume that they were Romulans - weren't they wearing something similar to this - the hats ring a bell.

What is this design!?!

What is this design? Some uniforms from the first movie have a round patch with the solar system and Earth in blue on them... (You can see it here) what is this supposed to be depicting? Maybe (Was it Reverend?) would like to do a new drawing of it!?!

Finally this is from a Female Vulcan in TMP but is sort of similar in design to the 'Romulan' costume from Star Trek VI.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
This one is a real eye-opener!!

Whoa! [Eek!] Finally, something I haven't seen before! Do we know where in the movie this is seen (or if it can be seen)?

Interesting that they dropped a digit from Excelsior's registry. NX-2000 -> NX200
So could we speculate that the blue ship labeled as NC177, which looks a lot like a refit Constitution, is actually NCC-1707?

The white ships are different from Excelsior and the blue one. Actually, the larger one looks like it could possibly be a pre-refit Constitution. The other smaller ones (three of presumably the same class) are something new, as they don't match any existing plan view.

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd guess the smaller ones are Mirandas or maybe even Oberths. They were both seen in Spacedock during the movie, but the graphics are quite simple, so we can't really be sure.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks home-made to me.
I can print the same kind of backlight film at mt work.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't Mike Okuda first work on ST:IV? Would this be some of his earliest work!?!

Can anyone try and get them to make a closer photo of the other space-dock control panel - it has another schematic on it of the insides - it's linked further up the thread. I e-mailed them to see if they would - I never got a response.

--------------------

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well they've sold it now, though they would have the original photos, which are huge(they've accidentally posted 1500 pixel wide pictures before), but I very much doubt they'd offer them to you. Like I said in that post, you actually get a better view of the Starbase side view display in the episode(the one with the binary aliens, I think).

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

New stuff is out - I SO don't know why they didn't have some huge Star Trek museum... HOW ANNOYING - just costume after costume after set piece after set piece - I would DEFINATELY go to one of them. Money-hungry gits.

Anyway check out the 'verteron node' - http://cgi.ebay.com/STAR-TREK-DS9-VERTERON-NODE_W0QQitemZ140122195581QQihZ004QQcategoryZ60360QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

They made NO sense in that episode "playing god" [ds9]

It also looks like a wart! GAH!

Also I e-mailed them to enquire about shipping for a number of items last week - not one e-mail was replied to - is that against e-bay rules?

When Paris and Janeway had sex!

It's the Human/Salamander

--------------------

Johnny
Member # 878

The DS9 Ops model is also quite cool. You see these proof of concept models in all the books, but there are photos from every angle here.

There's also the Egg probe, which wasn't from a terribly important episode, but it's interesting to see it up close.

--------------------

Johnny
Member # 878

I just noticed a concept model of the Son'a Collector Ship.

New stuff will be up later, hopefully some more interesting bits and pieces.

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where was all this stuff during the auction?
Johnny
Member # 878

They sold thousands of things in that auction and probably thought they got all the good stuff. Selling all this as well might've just been too much.

Having said that, there's a lot of good costume stuff this week. They've gone Mirror Universe crazy, with practically all the Terran Empire rank insignias(for those people who do illustrations of logos and such) plus one of those cool EV suits from Enterprise and Tuvok's Kal'Toh game.

--------------------

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This one is just funny!
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

How much did the salamander end up going for?

That episode was SO silly - I can't remember - did they end up explaining how they 'de-evolved' Janeway and Paris - or what happened to their 'children'?

--------------------

Johnny
Member # 878

I've no idea what the salamander went for, I don't pay much attention to the prices, but one might expect them to be falling now. Surely anyone who can afford to spend $500+ on an item that was a blur past the camera for 3 seconds in The Final Frontier has already bought something?

Anyway, more interesting things this week.

There's the Starbase 375 docking bay, which you'll notice is covered in at least two Maquis Raider models and a Runabout.

The smashed Ent-D model from the Ent-E's observation lounge. Turns out to be the ERTL model painted gold, rather than a custom model.

A panel from the Orpheus Mining Corp with the patch logo on it, stating that it was established in 2090.

Porthos's bulletin board, including some interesting ideas for his new kennel.

Part of the V'Ger model with an amazing number of fibre optic lights, many of which still work.

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

quote:
Originally posted by Johnny:
I've no idea what the salamander went for,

Found it - $835!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/STAR-TREK-VOYAGER-TRANSWARP-HUMAN-FROM-THRESHOLD_W0QQitemZ140122327682QQihZ004QQcategoryZ60360QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

So that's how they did the 'inside' shot of Starbase 375 with O'Brien and Bashir looking on at the Captured Jemmie bug.

also

What does it say in red writing on the cartoon to the top left of Porthos' pin-up board? It's written below the "BARK BARK BARK" writing.

This is also a pretty cool uniform - actually reminds me of the Romulan uniforms from "Balance of Terror" http://cgi.ebay.com/STAR-TREK-VOY-U-S-S-RELATIVITY-STARFLEET-UNIFORM_W0QQitemZ140127031798QQihZ004QQcategoryZ60345QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

--------------------

This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  28  29  30   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps