Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Photos from the Trek auction (Defiant, Reliant, etc) (Page 5)

This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  28  29  30   
Author Topic: Photos from the Trek auction (Defiant, Reliant, etc)
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey lets all band together and by a Starship!! Charles could keep it or someone and train a web-cam on it! [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And we could re-label it as the USS Basil. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I was browsing through that list linked on page 2, one thought kept popping into my mind...

"They actually expect people to pay two hundred dollars for a self-sealing stem bolt prop?"

I thought that a lot of those estimated bids were way off... the little stuff seemed high, and the estimates for the hero ships seems quite low.

Ah well, I can't afford any of it anyway. [Frown]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, I finally took a bit of time and scanned through the entire list of all the lots. I was surprised at a bunch of the items... lots of "They kept those around?" moments. A lot of other "They expect people to pay money for that?" moments (like for Spock's headband from Star Trek IV). And a bunch of "That's all they expect to get for those?" moments... for example, I've got a feeling that Jeri Ryan's Borg costume will go for a LOT more than eight grand. [Wink]

And I had a surprising realization... if I could pick any one single item to get, I'd probably pick the Klingon gavel from ST:VI. That would be a hell of a cool conversation piece.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh it's sad going through this list.

A few things:

1. I hope someone is retaining all the ship pics.
2. There are also nice pics of the phasers and the patches.
3. The pre-Voyager design!!! Finally after 11 years we can see what the saucer section was supposed to look like!! Here...

4. Here's that Mustard-coloured Admiral's uniform from "The Adversary" [DS9] (Although they say it's from Voyager:

Here...

5. The Fish things from the Promenade! Here... I've seen interviews and read interviews where a few of the cast mentioned these things. Nana Visitor just staring at them for ages during shot set-ups.

I felt sad at this one: It's the OPS TABLE!! They can't get rid of THAT!?!

They put This upside down in the picture.

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Actually if I would get anything it would be this. Sums up one of the best episodes of Television or hours of film ever made.

These would be cool too: You could put the corridor in one of your doors and fool people! [Smile]

Hey - we've never seen the model for Ty'gok'or before.

Of all the things to keep for 18 years!

Who really liked the skants!?! Might make an interesting fashion statement.

For those interested in changing Cardassian and Ferengi fashion trends.

Looks like the Romulans were using the TNG Romulan emblem back at the Khitomer talks: Here.
Ohhh someone buy the Ferengi Marauder so we can find out about all the moveable parts - the top, the 'pincers' the drop shuttle etc...

"They're carving us up like a roast!"

Again all the models should be in a museum (as well as the costumes - well everything really) - this is fantastic: Here.

I wonder what the starships are in front of the this Federation building ?

Interesting tid-bit from Kira's first season uniform: "Nana Visitor also has an asteroid named in her honor, 26733 Nanavisitor."

A final statement: All of this should be in a museum so EVERYONE can appreciate them and reminisce.

[ September 22, 2006, 06:39 AM: Message edited by: AndrewR ]

--------------------

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well this is a bit, um, different.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Yeah! I saw that - I was like WTF until I read the blurb thingie. Interesting!

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

OMG I never new - I was looking up about the nanavisitor asteroid on wikipedia and saw this:

"Visitor and Siddig divorced in 2001."

I never new that. Sucks for them. Did they remain friends?

--------------------

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MinutiaeMan:

And I had a surprising realization... if I could pick any one single item to get, I'd probably pick the Klingon gavel from ST:VI. That would be a hell of a cool conversation piece.

Funnily enough, that's one of the items I saw at the London display(although never got round to taking pics of it). It's exceedingly detailed and about the size of my head.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those are those Micro Machine ships on the Starfleet Command building... Reliant, Excelsior, Constitution, and I think Galaxy.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, I don�t think that�s a Galaxy, oddly enough, it looks like three constitutions and a miranda

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I....could own the Ops table.

I must go lie down now.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
OMG I never new - I was looking up about the nanavisitor asteroid on wikipedia and saw this:

"Visitor and Siddig divorced in 2001."

I never new that. Sucks for them. Did they remain friends?

I never knew Siddig had a long ass name.
Siddig El Tahir El Fadil El Siddig Abderahman Mohammed Ahmed Abdel Karim El Mahdi.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We just call him "Abin" for short.

Anyone getting all these photos? I have a few but finding their master directory of images is....elusive.

OMG...that Borg Cube is almost in scale with the models I build.
AND I CAN AFFORD IT! assuming it's really going to go for only $!1500

Do they really think that Srak's Kir Shara will only fetch $150?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  28  29  30   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps