Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Photos from the Trek auction (Defiant, Reliant, etc) (Page 4)

This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  28  29  30   
Author Topic: Photos from the Trek auction (Defiant, Reliant, etc)
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It says Cargo Service and Space Systems. Don't know what it is from though. I'm just guessing it's from the cargo-ship episode with Travis' family??

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Half of me is mortified that they're selling all these models(I'm not so bothered about boring things like the chair that crewman #6 sat on in "Spock's Brain"), the other half of me wishes they were selling more, such as the Wolf 359 ships, or more of the DS9 kitbashes. For many of these models these small pictures are the clearest shots we've ever seen of them.

The Drayan Shuttle was barely more than a blur in the episode, but here we get a nice crisp photo of it. And who knows, more photos might come from the auction itself in NY next month. I don't know much about how auctions work, but presumably they have each item on display as they go under the hammer so people can see clearly what they're buying?

The London display was a single room, and the pictures I took show pretty much everything that was interesting in there. Hopefully the NY display will offer more. And hopefully a Trek fan with a camera will be around to take pics.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mirror-Amasov:
Jump to lot 351 and continuing. BTW, 354 is not the Caretaker. It's that other one, right?

They just rearanged the parts and added a different central section for Mrs.Caretaker's station. $2000 gets you all the bits, so you can mix and match.

quote:
They have more than one "Antares-class" model?
brown
black
http://www.christies.com/LotFinder/search/LOTDETAIL.ASP?sid=&intObjectID=4780097 [/URL]

I was surprised by that as well. I think we already knew they had more than one, but not three. And the Pakled ship is a seperate lot. I always thought that had been converted to become one of the Bajoran transports, but it looks unchanged from its Palked appearence in the photo.

--------------------

Treknophile
Member # 1869

- posted      Profile for Treknophile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They're selling the E-A.... F**K

It's official; Paramount has no sense of history. That model is without a doubt the finest example of modelmaking ever created. You could bring the camera an inch from the surface and it looked good.

Please, whoever buys it, cherish her. Hell, wait until the 50th Anniversary and sell it back to Paramount for 100 grand... that appears to be the way the accountants who run the studio operate. Myopic little shits.

No lie, people - I'm actually upset. My favorite starship.

--------------------
www.strategicdesignpub.com

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sad that all the "hero" ships are being sold.
Like stated earlier, they should be in a museum. Maybe in the Smithsonian along with the TOS Enterprise. I'm really disappointed that DS9 and the Ent-A will be sold, they were some beautifully detailed models. Wish we could chip in and by one, at least.

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's just a disgrace!

How can they sell the actual filming models? It's not like they need storage space is it?

Or is it just intended as a big f**k-you to all the average fans - and by average I mean all of us who can't afford to "rescue" say the E-A by buying it for the 20-odd grand?

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh, the three triangle ships are completely separate designs, not variants of a common hull. There's no way Paramount could have filmed all three using just one model.

The "black" one is the good old "Ensign Ro" vessel (which used to be Kivas Fajo's ship and the Husnock vessel at earlier points of her career), while the "brown" one is a custom design for DS9 and first appears in "Past Prologue" AFAIK. The Pakled one has always stayed the same, save for paint jobs or being filmed upside down - in DS9, she was a Rigelian vessel in "Vortex".

(Why does the third link go to Horgah'n statues? Was there some third model that got its lot number changed or what?)

Timo Saloniemi

Johnny
Member # 878

I quoted the wrong link in Mirror Amisov's post, is all.

They're not selling these to spite fans. That's just silly. They're selling them to get money.

I'm in the process of archiving all the pics so we'll still have a record of them after the auction is over. Obviously the ship pics will be put on loads of sites anyway, but it's important to keep even the pics of the less interesting objects.

--------------------

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe one of us should contact them, say he's interested in acquiring some of those models but likes to have some better, higher-res photos first. For possibly throwing ten-thousands of dollars at them you can expect a little service, can't you? [Wink]

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whomever is closest to New York... they better take a lot of photos. I missed the exhibit here in Los Angeles already thanks to work. Fukcers!

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Johnny
Member # 878

Problem is, it's been free to get into the auction houses, but from what I read on the christie's website, it'll cost $25 to get into the NY viewing. And that's if you don't buy the catalogue, which is an absurd price(�50 here in the UK). I wonder if anyone will go to that expense. Bloody well hope so. [Wink]

--------------------

Manticore
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Manticore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would, but my long weekend ends the day before the auction starts. [Frown]

--------------------
Fell deeds await. Now for Wrath... Now for Ruin... and a Red Dawn...
-Theoden, TTT

Lord Vorkosigan does not always get what he wants!

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I may have missed out on an opportunity. I looked at the site, then asked my wife if I could have a thousand dollars. Later, when I was shutting my PC down just before we went to bed, she said she wanted to have a look at the website. Who knows, maybe I could have persuaded her to fund my acquisition of a phaser rifle. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's always tomorrow.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tomorrow! Tomorrow! etc.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  28  29  30   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps