Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Transporters as weapons (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Transporters as weapons
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wouldn't the EV suit make things more complicated? Not only do you have the Human you're beaming to reassemble properly, but you also have the circuitry of the suit, and the O2 in the suit's circulation system. What if they "misplaced" the oxygen?

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You have watched the show, yes?
Besides, what makes you think a circuit board and an air circulation system even REMOTELY compares in complexity to say, your central nervous system?
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
The momentum thing is really...odd.
They have to account for the ship's speed, planetary rotation...the works. Also, the beam has to move with the planet's rotation, lest the subject be spread all over the landscape (beaming is not instantanous).

The only time I've ever encountered relive motion taken into account is (weirdly enough) in one of Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels. In a nutshell they botched the relative "spin" calculations and the subject found himself travelling horizontally at about 30mph...which was a bit of a shock since he was standing still about a second before. At least I think that's how it went, it's been a while.
Still brings up an amusing mental picture...

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, amusing until he hits the ground and bounces around about a dozen times screaming .... wait that's more amusing...
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps