Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Late 24th century Starfleet ships! [Picard $$$] (Page 5)

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: Late 24th century Starfleet ships! [Picard $$$]
o2
Member # 907

- posted      Profile for o2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read somewhere that the VFX work was completed only last week (the week before the last episode aired)- is it possible that they planned to have multiple ship classes, but due to time contrains were forced to concentrate on just one class?
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Imagine if they fix that in time for the DVD release, and suddenly Riker is in command of a Vengeance-type behemoth...

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd buy that. Look at the shot where we see all the ships from behind; they couldn't even be consistent on what to have lit up as impulse engines, the outer or inner walls. Sometines it was one of both.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope the Enterprise-E is still around. I don't trust them to come up with a decent looking Enterprise-F for Season 2.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to the the talk page on the Zheng He article at MA, the ship is meant to be an Inquiry-class vessel. The others that were supposed to be there were to be Equity & Seeker classes.

So, add this on top of "Curiosity class" & I submit we take naming rights away from Michael Chabon as well.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dunno. I might approve of a Seeker-class, but only if there's a USS Starscream, a USS Skywarp, a USS Thundercracker... [Razz]

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The forward view definitely shows that the primary hull features a forward-facing shuttlebay (though some have suggested it’s a NX-style deflector, I think it’s set too far back and features a short landing/take-off apron). No amount of looking REALLY HARD at pictures of either variant suggests one saucer is more prongy than the other.

--------------------

Shik
Member # 343

I don't think the others made it in.

--------------------

Lee
Member # 393

So we have the Inquiry-class, then... and, what about the other nacelle variant? Would that be the Enquiry-class?

--------------------

Lee
Member # 393

Thinking about this then, rounding it all up, all we’ve got out of this show as starship nerds is:

- One and a half new classes, if you treat the Inquiry & Enquiry (!) sub-types as one, and while we have the name of the Curiosity-class we basically only have a top view of it...
- OK, we’ll say two classes...
- Two ship names, the USSes Ibn Majid and Zheng He
- One registry, NCC-75710

Worst. Season. Ever!

--------------------

Shik
Member # 343

Don't forget the Wallenberg-class tugships.

--------------------

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also don’t forget La Sirena itself (wish we’d gotten any details at all about it), plus the new Romulan warbird.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Shik
Member # 343

All we know about La Sirena is that she's a Kaplan F17 speed freighter.

--------------------

Lee
Member # 393

Ah, yes, the new Romulan warbird. That manages to be even more uninspiring than the ones we saw in NEM. And with the same nice huge picture windows in front that all ship bridges seem to have now - have always had, if the Discoprise retcon is any indication. I suspect that with a larger budget, Picard's dream wouldn't have been in Ten Forward, it'd have been on the E-D's bridge - with added picture window!

And the Romulan one is SO large, it could just as well have a nice patio and maybe a few deckchairs added on.

--------------------

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
3 additional Starfleet ships

USS Leondegrance (from Picard's award plaques)
USS Coleman (Ijeb's assignment)
USS Reliant (technically first mentioned in the extended cut of "The Measure of a Man")

Inside Straight (Captain Crandall's ship)
Shaenor (Romulan scout ship)

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.