Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » The Eaglemoss thread (Page 11)

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: The Eaglemoss thread
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This week they have the Future (“AGT”) Ent-D coming out, in normal and XL (the latter may be a first). And I’m struck by quite how differing in detail they are. Obviously the XL being larger has more detail, but there are areas on the normal size the third nacelle’s pylon, for example) where they could have included some of that detail but haven’t. And the small has the dorsal phaser strip outlined in red in a way that’s lacking on the XL. And many of the added greeblies (e.g. the structure behind the bridge) are wildly different between the two. It’s enough to put me off getting the small to complete my set, and a quite salutary example of why an XL might be considered the more desirable option!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pricing is creeping up, it feels like - in this week’s drop there are a couple things going for £69.99 whereas previously the ceiling (for most ships excepting the gold XLs) has been a maximum of £59.99. Two of the four Inquiry-class variants are also on for £59.99, and I’m not paying that any more than I would pay £44.99 for the Zheng He, and that’s the closest to an onscreen “hero” ship there’s been for the class…

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wanted to show off one of two new cabinets I just added. This one houses some of my Eaglemoss (the other one is ENTIRELY Eaglemoss, but I'm still setting it up), most of my action figures (Playmates, Diamond Select, Art Asylum), and a shelf reserved for Exo-6.

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The phaser and communicator on the top shelf are both the recent reissues from Playmates; the Phaser Rifle and the Bat'leth are from Factory Entertainment.

And some of you may notice there are two XL Enterprise-Ds ... a former coworker asked me if I'd be interested in buying a memento from her husband, an Enterprise-D he'd gotten Wil Wheaton to sign, so that's what is on the top shelf.

The top shelf is reserved for Exo-6. I do expect that they will eventually expand to take over more shelves. Currently, I have Quark, Kira, Data (the deluxe version), Kruge, and the Regula-One edition Saavik on preorder.

Second shelf has most of my action figures -- Playmates, Diamond Select, and Art Asylum, plus some little vinyl action guys and "Star Trek meets skeletons" which I believe are both from NECA Toys. The little Enterprise - which lights up! - is from some company that does little gift boxes that you often see at bookstores.

The first Eaglemoss Shelf holds most of my Enterprises -- SNW and the Ring Ship are elsewhere -- plus DS9, the Defiant, and the Bajoran solar sail.

The bottom shelf is TOS Movie Themed. Yes, I know the Stargazer doesn't exactly belong, but it's always been a movie-era ship, even if we didn't see it until TNG. And if you were wondering where the Enterprise-A was on the previous shelf ... well, here she be. Really, all I need here are a couple of humpback whales, and maybe a Norwegian whaling vessel parked under the XL BOP.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Lee
Member # 393

Zounds! Also, I have that little light-up Enterprise too, it was my Christmas Eve tree present (a family tradition that, now I think about it, had just seen its 33rd iteration - a third of a century?!).

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sisko seems awfully calm for having a gigantic phaser pointed straight at his junk.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

It has no batteries, so he knows he is safe.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Apparently Fanhome/DeAgostini have a booth at this week's NY Comic Con .......

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Lee
Member # 393

Probert C has arrived! So now all I’m waiting for is an E and an Aventine. Might get an A if they appear again (maybe tomorrow?) and the price is right. Likewise an F. And then I think I’m done.

--------------------

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I been getting a lot of partial orders lately, things that ship but part of it isn't there. The thing is, a lot of times they offer the other items for sale still well after I've ordered them, & when I contact MR, I get this runaround of "oh, they were damaged & we're trying to secure new stock" or "there was a delay getting the stock to the warehouse" or some other damn thing. I'm starting to feel like I'm being scammed while they sell nonexistent stock.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Lee
Member # 393

It took a while and my purchases arrived in an order that bore no resemblance to the order I, er, ordered them in, but I’m up to date.

And not planning to get any more! There are some I like, but I’m not willing to pay the prices they’re asking (nice to haves, really - like the Mars or Janeway classes - but not at £39.99 each - or any of the Inquiry variants - but not at £44.99 each!). I’m still hoping to net an Ent-F, and might splash out on an Ent-E XL, but failing that, I’m done.

--------------------

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, not me dropping $410 on lightcycles so I can have a full set & anotuer one for sale. Got so many boxes of stuff fo future sale in my flat, looks like an Amazon watehouse.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking of Starship models I recently dropped my Bandai Enterprise-A model. It's ludicrous what I would've to spend on Ebay to replace it.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Shik
Member # 343

Well, here's Master Replicas fucking up AGAIN. Here's what I just sent
quote:
Hello;

On 27 September 2023, I placed order #77108. Part of this order was two (2) units of the Jim Martin USS Valiant Defiant concept model. Over the months, these have been the last pieces of many delayed orders.

On 19 February, I was informed that these last purchases were finally on their way to me after nearly half a year. Attached is a screenshot of that order confirmation. They were delivered to my home today, 28 February, while I was at work. I have now gotten home & opened the package to find entirely the wrong items.

This was supposed to be a pair of USS Valiant concept models. Instead, I have been sent a pair of USS Reliant concept models.

Please find attached photos of both the incorrect items as well as the packing slip indicating the correct item name.

As stated, it has been 6 months since I ordereed. I have been waiting patiently, & have even seen what I order offered for sale well past when I purchased them. The short of it is: I want my items, please. I will gladly send the incorrectly shipped items back to you (at your coat, of course), but please rectify this situation post-haste.

Thank you.

--------------------

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps