Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » The Eaglemoss thread (Page 2)

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  9  10  11   
Author Topic: The Eaglemoss thread
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Outside of Eaglemoss's shop, Amazon has a nice selection, but also BigBadToyStore and Entertainment Earth. The latter two are also good about allowing you to preorder most items if they're expecting a restock.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I ended up getting all the Wolf 359 ships (but not the ST Phase 2 concepts and Excelsior concepts, couldn't be bothered with those). I feel the extended rane of Miranda variants calling me, still, and I quite like the Rhode Island - but then I'll have to get the Equinox too...

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've recently picked up a bunch of their Battle of Sector 001 models and, uh, not a huge fan of them, frankly. (They're LITERALLY too flat for my tastes).

Also got their Oberth-Class model. Absolutely fantastic!

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You mean the FC ships?

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Yes, the First Contact ships. The XL Akira is gorgeous.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Sabre-class is quite plainly a Nintendo 64 Controller...

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Let's see if this works!

(Edit: It didn't. You can find the photos I was trying to embed here:

https://twitter.com/MalnurturedSnay/status/1426922102033199108 )

Here's my collection, taking the top two shelves of an IKEA Fjallbo. Acrylic risers from The Container Store, lighting from IKEA, and I want to add a mirrored motorized turntable under Deep Space Nine.

-

-

-

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Oh, there are a few models I have displayed elsewhere. Maybe at some point they'll make the transition over -- the XL Enterprise-J, the XL Runabout, XL Romulan Warbird, and XL Klingon battlecruiser, plus the Special Edition Enterprises from the 2009 film, and Beyond.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ugh, you have the Probert E-C. Can't find one anywhere.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Got very lucky well over a year ago. It was in stock and so was the Titan.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Some exciting new announcements!

Jupiter Station!;
USS Ceritos!

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not really a fan of the way these ships are mounted. It's just destracting to have parts of the ship obscured by the clear plastic forks. The Jupiter Station solution is especially displeasing.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

I mean, to each their own, but most other starship models I'm aware of have a hole in their hull for a mount to be plugged in; these don't.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Cerritos and Jupiter Station both arrived yesterday. Cerritos is pretty great but doesn't want to stay on the stand, and is missing some window detail on the saucer rim; also, the paint app is slightly misaligned which is frustrating if you take the time to look hard for the window imprints on the hull.

Eaglemoss did announce a Stargazer XL -- but unfortunately, it suffers from the same issues as the original release (saucer isn't deep enough).

I've also been ordering several of the shuttle sets. As a freak accident, in place of one of them, they sent me the oversized shuttlepod and type-7 (I think? the one that was modified from STV) shuttle that are supposed to be subscriber specials for those doing the "Build the Enterprise" kit. These are awesome! I hope the other subscriber specials are made available for order, or that Eaglemoss sends me the other sets by accident in the future. They're gigantic, and heavy, and look great.

Not Star Trek related, but Eaglemoss will be doing a Serenity model coming this summer.

The Defiant concept is wild and amazing. Highly recommend.

I love the Mayflower, Newton, and Armstrong from the 2009 film.

Also picked up Starbase 1 and the Section 31 starbases from a deep discount on the STD line. These are huge models!

I hope we continue to see more starbase models. I'd love to see the starbase depicted in the art behind Picard's desk, as well as the starbase we've seen in Lower Decks.

Recently Eaglemoss did restock a lot of models that had been unavailable. I was able to pick up the three concept Excelsiors, TNG-era Buran, the Melbourne, Bonaventure, and the Miranda-Class Antares variant from DS9; still waiting to acquire an Awanahee and Pasteur.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Shik
Member # 343

Still trying to get a Cheyenne & the Probert C. Can't find anywhere except for exorbitantly high prices.

--------------------

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  9  10  11   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps