Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » The Eaglemoss thread (Page 4)

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  9  10  11   
Author Topic: The Eaglemoss thread
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Yeah, I wanted the 32nd-century one...as previously stated.
I misread your statement ... as I previously stated.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AS.

PREVIOUSLY.

STATED.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, uh, I got one an Eaglemoss NX-01.5. I thought it'd be the same size as the others. IT IS NOT.

-

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's their "Special Edition" line, I believe -- sort of an inbetween of the regular series, and the XL.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Also: is it just me, or has Eaglemoss just completely stopped announcing new product? There hasn't even been a reveal for the Lower Deck shuttle which was previewed in the magazine for either the Cerritos or Titan.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Shik
Member # 343

Well.

https://trekcentral.net/end-of-the-line-for-star-trek-starships-eaglemoss/

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Welp

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Brown_supahero
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Brown_supahero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
…. But my time is finally near…

--------------------
Blaze da finest weed in da shire... I shake my trekbbs at flare.solareclipse.net

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, that sucks. Especially for those who've already shelled out a small fortune for the "Build an Enterprise-D"-kit.

I had hoped we would get an updated version of the last Shipyards book. There were some rather egregious errors in the size charts which discouraged me from buying it.

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eaglewho?

https://integralrealitylabs.com/gameprint

Bless Eaglemoss's heart, but Hero Collectibles was using stone knives and bearskins by comparison. Yes, there's no metal here, but they're also a couple of dollars cheaper for smaller models (though a foot-long Discoprise was $300+), customizable, and so on.

Alas, there doesn't seem to be a custom scaling option at present.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It’s a shame if they are folding, but hardly surprising. I’ve never bought anything direct from them, only from eBay.

OK, I bought one thing - the Borg cube advent calendar. But that was on a whim during a Black Friday event when it was half price. And even then it was NOT worth it. I literally put every single thing back in its box, packed it up in the shipping box and stuck it in the loft. I’ll put it on eBay in a few years.

I mean, character badges (that manage to be naffer than Funko Pops, I don’t even know how that’s possible), a tea towel, stuff like that, really? What they SHOULD have done is put an actual ship model in, for say 24th December. Something unique, limited edition, that’d never be available otherwise. A Prometheus that splits into three. A cloaked Defiant (though I think they did this one, maybe a ComicCon exclusive?). An Ent-D that does the saucer sep. anything with a bit of a wow factor, you know?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe there was a cloaked ship in there. How would you know? 🤔
Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I shook all the boxes.

--------------------

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That’s a bummer. I just ordered a pair of models as a birthday gift to myself (the Orville and Rocinante), and they got delivered the other day, thankfully. I’m glad I never seriously considered that build-the-Enterprise kit, I can only imagine how pissed those people are!

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Lee
Member # 393

Yeah, there’s, what, about 240 issues? Not sure how far along it was - I was following a guy on YouTube building it, but then he decided to take the whole thing apart and build it his way. Might have to check in and see if he’s mentioned it at all…

I’m fortunate in that a) even if I could afford it - which actually I could - I really don’t want to spend cumulatively about two and a half grand on something you’d probably have to build into a coffee table to display; b) I really don’t like the Galaxy-class. It beggars belief that it’s regarded so mistily-eyed as the greatest spaceship in Star Trek. It winds me up, like all those twats who seem to fervently believe that Dr. Who started and ended with David Tennant and Billie fucking Piper. My only consolation is some of the cunts will actually wank themselves to death that the Tenth Doctor is somehow coming back…

--------------------

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  9  10  11   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps