Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » The Eaglemoss thread (Page 7)

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: The Eaglemoss thread
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
XL DS9 is going up this week ....

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And the gold E XL. I think if I was ever going to get one XL, it’d be the E. So far I’ve missed out on both drops (including in the latest one when it wasn’t released in time with the rest; I checked at zero hour and it wasn’t there, assumed it’d been left off again - not the first time - and by the time MR posted about it, it’d sold out again). I don’t know whether I would want a gold one. Assuming I even managed to nab one at all.

The smaller OG Titan is still available, incredibly - it seems people only want the larger/more vibrant LDS one. They’ve also (just?) released (more of?) two of the 32nd-cent ships, the Nog and the Liu Cixin.

Look, I like the smaller ones. So I’m feeling a bit unimpressed with the mid-size ones I have got - the Discoprise, the Vancouver and the… bugger, what was it? Oh yeah, the NX-01 refit. I may keep the latter; will probably keep the former; but will likely sell on the Vancouver eventually, there’s something about it I just don’t like.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And then they released the gold Ent-E XL… with a strict prohibition that one per customer… and they priced it at £249. Fuck, and indeed, off.

--------------------

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, that $USD 315 price was laughable even if I HAD been interested.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just tried to get shit in this drop, had it in my cart, went to pay...& it said sold out. Fucking bullshit. If it's in your cart it should be fucking held until paid.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Shik
Member # 343

Well, got fucking sniped again. I had what I wanted, was checking out. GONE in under 60 seconds from going live. Fucking reprehensible.

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pretty good luck with the last couple of drops -- got the SE Cerritos about a week ago, and in today's drop managed to get the Pasteur and Ahwahnee, meaning I believe I have all of the 24th Century Starfleet ships.

Also grabbed a 22nd Century Klingon BOP.

I think Master Replicas has one last Lower Decks model -- the Cerritos shuttle -- coming sometime towards the end of August or early September.

Also grabbed one of the very few 1:6 QMX Captain's Chairs, which will be a good place for my Exo-6 Captain Sisko to rest his feet after a long day slaughtering Jem'Hadar.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Lee
Member # 393

I decided I quite fancied the Courage-class USS Jubayr, so got that. Ben Robinson has teased another likely 32nd-cent ship he hadn’t realised had gone into production in the US: could be the Dresselhaus-type (the flying letter J) but obviously the Holy Grail would be the Constitution… IV? -class USS Armstrong.

And I got the small gold 1701-null on a bit of a whim. There’s not much else I'm really interested in. Not the Cerritos (midsize or XL), not the Titan (OG or LDS variants in any size)… I toyed with the idea of getting the Voyager-J but decided I really don’t like models with the detached nacelles (otherwise I’d’ve gotten a Nog). I might still bite the bullet and get the non-gold Ent-E XL.

I would also quite like a Viper mk.2 but it’s too big for my tastes - 10 inches long!! I’m not interested in The Orville so those are out. The Doctor Who merch all seems naff to me. And none of the available Expanse ships appeal to me…

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

The Mk 2 Viper is an incredible model, although I do wish Eaglemoss had stuck to a small scale for that line! They take up a lot of space...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Shik
Member # 343

I've been getting stuff for myself, but also stuff for later sale. Regular-size E-J is for me, & have 3 OG Connie refits partly by accident, a Sisko figure in box (got one to open for me), a Reliant concept, aType 7 shuttle, a large T'Plana-Hath which I might keep, a reg-size Voyager. XL Cerritos will arive by Friday; waiting on Oberth for me plus a reg-size Titan & a large Lower Decks one. Just got a Lantree for me & an E-B (plus 2 extra; meant to get only one extra for sale but couldn't change it after adding to cart), plus a Kumari & a Xindi-Aquatic cruiser, which I may or may not keep.

--------------------

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
I decided I quite fancied the Courage-class USS Jubayr

Okay, so it isn't just me, then. Thanks.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Lee
Member # 393

There’s something about it. Can’t put my finger on what. It is SO different to just about anything Starfleet we’ve ever seen. At best, if you were being generous, you might suggest that it still shows what would once have been a secondary hull. But that’s it. I sort-of want to suggest that the Eisenberg-class could be considered an intermediate step between “classic” designs and the Courage-class, but I’m not wholly convinced of it…

Also, used my “40% off a second ship” code to just bite the bullet and get the Ent-D along with the Ent-B!

--------------------

Shik
Member # 343

The Courage design looks like Arabic. Like, the entire ship feels like someone looked at a word or phrase in Arabic or Farsi & said "yeah, that's perfect for a starship".

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If the ship itself is called the Jubayr, then they may actually have been going for something like that.
Lee
Member # 393

Today, in the Greek bay below where I’m staying, there turned up a superyacht. But not just any - an original (refitted & restored) 1930s motor yacht. The second we’ve had this holiday in fact, whereas previously in all the years we’ve been coming here they’ve been the more-conventional modern designs. But I digress - the point is, during WW2 this MY was commissioned into the Royal Navy, and given an HMS designation before the name it bore at the time (it’s had at least a half-dozen owners in its 90 years of life, and four or five different names). Perhaps this is a similar situation - the surviving ships of this class (Courage, which doesn’t scream Arabic per se) were UFP civilian vessels conscripted into Starfleet service after the Burn, to make up the numbers. Perhaps their unconventional design doesn’t just reflect that, but also might imply some other non-dilithium-based propulsion method? Probably not though given we saw this design being blown up in said Burn…

--------------------

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps