Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » 32nd Century Ships (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: 32nd Century Ships
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
In its default configuration, a large secondary deflector and specialized set of sensors and emitters fuel the ship's scientific pursuits. However, by reversing its orientation, the ship's systems are redirected into a bulwark of defensive tactical capabilities that would not be out of place on its battlecruiser peers.
What, and I cannot stress this enough, the actual fuck?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My brain is trying to wrap itself around the logic of that description. The closest I can get is that the x-plus axis has the sensors and the x-minus axis has the shields… but even that makes no sense whatsoever. If they’re trying to say that it’s a science ship when flying “forward” and a warship when flying “backward”…. Well that’s just insane.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those dinks come up with the dumbest bullshit to justify gameplay.

Anyway, obviously the big head part is the bow. It's got the fucking name & hull number on it.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait, they really called it a "science destroyer"? That's worse than the "fast attack frigate" & "penetration cruiser" nonsense from movie-era fandom.

But...they are right. Their description certainly destroys science.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Shik
Member # 343

Wait....it's a space mullet. Science in the front, battle in the rear.

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Were this the Original Universe at all, I would simply note that in the 32nd Century, the Federation powers their vessels with the rotating corpses of earlier starship designers.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, we get it, you hate everything in Star Trek that’s come out since 2001. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dude, are you okay?

I mean, just on this page we have this STO (a Trek *game*) concept sent up hilariously (and with well-placed cursing) by Lee and Shik, with you yourself calling it "insane", but I join in the pile and suddenly it’s unacceptable hatey hatefulness with fanciful fake continuity of hateyness thrown in?

Uncool.

(The most ironic part about your strange reaction is that we're talking about my favorite 32nd Century Discoverse design.

http://flare.solareclipse.net/ultimatebb.php/topic/6/2850.html#000011

Sheesh.)

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

Sorry. The conversation was referring to the silly STO game mechanics, and I read your comment “were this the original universe at all” to refer to all the current shows and some other arguments that were overdone a while back.

--------------------

o2
Member # 907

- posted      Profile for o2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spike:
So this is what we have so far. Did I forget something?

In 'That Hope is You, Part 2' there is also a USS Yam... - unfortunately only the first three letters of the name are visible. If I had to guess, I would bet my money on the USS Yamato or USS Yamaguchi.

You can find the USS Yam... on the right side of the screen where the USS Discovery is returning to Starfleet HQ and the USS Nobel (Noble?) is on the left side.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe root vegetables are extremely important in the far future, and it's just USS Yam.
o2
Member # 907

- posted      Profile for o2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At this point I can no longer rule this out for Discovery ...
Shik
Member # 343

Yam is a perfectly viable Asian last name, so...

--------------------

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

I kinda want to go out and buy a yam, and carve a couple warp nacelles into it… it wouldn’t look all that out of place in the 32nd century.

--------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.