Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Star wars starships in star trek??? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Star wars starships in star trek???
Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got this email from Mark Delgado:
"In the newest issue of Star Wars Insider, there is
an article about the various "in-jokes" that Lucas put in his movies (such as the E.T.'s in Phantom Menace). Well, I don't remember the guy's name they were interviewing, but he was responsible for the CGI in PM. He stated that he worked on both that movie and First Contact, and as an in-joke, he CGI'd two Millenium Falcons into the battle scene at the beginning of the movie! Could you perhaps find out if anyone has any
screengrabs of this?"

I trust him on his word that this is not a joke of some sorts, but I have never heard of such a thing, can anyone help me??? (It does smell like a joke, doesn�t it?)

------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity�s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A great deal of the ships in FC were just formless blobs at a great distance. They could be anything from Millennium Falcons to floating Yoda heads to a digitized version of kung pao chicken.

------------------
"Oh, it's an anti-anti-WTO song. It's essentially a pro-Starbucks song. I saw this picture of a guy sticking his foot through a plate-glass window in a Starbucks in Seattle, and he was wearing a Nike. Man, couldn't you just change your shoes?"
--
M. Doughty

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When the Defiant skims the surface of the Borg Cube, and the Akira class is destroyed on the left side. In that scene look for odd ships near the bottom left of the Cube. That, to me, looks like the best spot to look for them...

I'll check it myself when I have the time...

------------------
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

(-=\V/=-)

[This message has been edited by Altair (edited May 08, 2000).]

Michael Dracon
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
COOL!!

I think I actually found one!

In the scene I described above: There is an egg-shaped ship flying in the far left side of the screen, It's flying towards the cube. There are also 2 Oberth class ships in between the Cube and the 'egg'.
Just before the movie goes into the next scene you can actually see that the front of the 'egg' is devided into two parts, just like the Falcon.

In the two 'on screen battles' there are several of those same egg visible. They are among the fastest moving ships in the fleet.

NOTE: I have the widescreen version of First Contact.

------------------
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

(-=\V/=-)

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool, I don�t have the widescreen version. Can�t you post some screencaps? I would love to see that ship!

------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity�s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Michael Dracon
Member # 4

Sorry, I cannot make screen grabs. But you can look for them yourself. In one of the 'on screen' battles there are several bright white egg-shaped ships in the background. I think those are the ones.

------------------

(-=\V/=-)

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People have also reported that the Enterprise-D appears in TPM. However, I doubt that this, or the above report, is true, but I suppose it doesn't hurt to check...

------------------
Frank's Home Page
John Flansburgh: "This song is so old that it's actually featured on our brand new record."
John Linnell: "It's one of those year 2000 problems."

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doesn't he know what sort of hot water he is getting himself into!?! He's going to muck up all of us tr-ech heads... arrrgh!

------------------
"Who wouldn't be the one you love
Who wouldn't stand inside your love." - Stand Inside Your Love, The Smashing Pumpkins

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't see the white egg things? I did see what looks like the Bozeman.

------------------
"Life's a bitch, then you die"
-USS Luzon, Vanderbuilt Class starship

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Bozeman was not seen, it was just a Miranda class ship. I saw nothing resembling anything from any Star Wars movie. And I do have the widescreen version too, but its just the standard video tape. Is it even on DVD? And I didn't see any Oberths either. The only Fed ships visually there were:

Sovereign class Enterprise
Defiant class Defiant
unnamed Miranda class ship
Several Akira class ships including Thunderchild
Several Saber class ships including Yeager
Several Steamrunner class ships including Appalachia
Several Norway class ships including Budapest
Nebula class Lexington or Endeavour

------------------
7 alarm clock: "Do not touch me."
Dilbert: "Then how do I turn you off?"
7: "Believe me, I am plenty turned off."

[This message has been edited by PopMaze (edited May 09, 2000).]

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There were at least two Miranda Class ships. One was on one side of the Cube with nacelle damage and another just leaving where it shot the ship.

------------------
"Life's a bitch, then you die"
-USS Luzon, Vanderbuilt Class starship

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frank, the Enterprise is there. Probably along with a whole host of other SF homages. Some site had pictures of them somewhere.

(At least, they point out a vaguely Enterprise-looking blob. )

------------------
"Oh, it's an anti-anti-WTO song. It's essentially a pro-Starbucks song. I saw this picture of a guy sticking his foot through a plate-glass window in a Starbucks in Seattle, and he was wearing a Nike. Man, couldn't you just change your shoes?"
--
M. Doughty

Michael Dracon
Member # 4

Okay for the two Oberths:

Scene: Defiant swings in and shoots at the Cube, a Miranda is near the Defiant and an Akira gets destroyed on the left side. Now look on the left side of the Cube. A damaged Sabre floats around, a Miranda shoots a torpedo, and two Oberths swing by, one of them is firing a phaser.

------------------

(-=\V/=-)

Michael Dracon
Member # 4

I can identify those two Oberths on a small screen TV with the Widescreen version. And I think these should be visible on the normal version as well.

------------------

(-=\V/=-)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well if this is the case with the Oberth's that means they are CGIed and that this was the last ever appearence of an Oberth Class ship in Star Trek to date.

------------------
"Who wouldn't be the one you love
Who wouldn't stand inside your love." - Stand Inside Your Love, The Smashing Pumpkins

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps