Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Star wars starships in star trek??? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Star wars starships in star trek???
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Oberth fired phasers? Looks like some had weapons refit...

------------------
"Life's a bitch, then you die"
-USS Luzon, Vanderbuilt Class starship

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, after reviewing the battle scene, I did see the other Miranda. I also saw the Oberth firing phasers. I did not see another Oberth, but maybe I just haven't fully make out a ship in the background as one. And I believe that Oberth's have always had phasers.

------------------
7 alarm clock: "Do not touch me."
Dilbert: "Then how do I turn you off?"
7: "Believe me, I am plenty turned off."

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't the Oberth in "Emissary" fire a phaser? Or did it just get hit...?

------------------
"The search and the arrest provided several hours of entertainment in the neighborhood."
-"Worm Suspect Arrested", Wired News

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Bonestall just got hit and exploded. She didn't fire any phasers. Which reminds me. In TBOBW2, the first piece of wreckage that we see as the Enterprise flies by looks remarkably like an Oberth. Possibly the Bonestall? It looks like the damage is consistent to what the Bonestall received.

------------------
7 alarm clock: "Do not touch me."
Dilbert: "Then how do I turn you off?"
7: "Believe me, I am plenty turned off."

Justin_Timberland
Member # 236

- posted      Profile for Justin_Timberland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Oberths are/were unarmed science vessels. And I only see the phaser fire from where that Oberth is suppose to be.

------------------
"Life is like a dick, sometimes you just wanna f**k it"
-Yun Zhu
USS Vanderbilt NCC-73121, Vanderbilt Class Starship

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The second Oberth is flying just behind the first one. It is going from the left to the right where it eventually disappears behind the Cube.

------------------
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

(-=\V/=-)

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll have to find my copy of FC and look for it. Though, in ESB, I never saw the potato or sneaker in the asteroid field scene.
I suck at finding these things I guess.

------------------
Admin at the trekbbs.com

Obi Juan
Who's your master?
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for Obi Juan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IF there are Oberths in FC...I am forced to ask why. What would be the point of making a CGI of the Oberth (even a very rough one to be seen waaay in the background) for FC? It doesn't make much sense for it to be in the sector 001 battle (okay I admit starfleet may have called in garbage scows to combat the cube), when they could have CGIed up an Ambassador (which I would like to see again), a rough new design, or semi-developed one like the New Orleans. The only real reason that the Oberth is still in service is that models are expensive and TPTB didn't wan't to have to use another Galaxy or Excelsior every time they wanted another ship in TNG.
On a side note, for what episode were Mirandas mad into CGI? (My feelings on this are similar to the Oberth).

------------------
"Elvis is in everybody
Everybody except for one person that is.
The evil opposite of Elvis.
The anti-Elvis."
-Mojo Nixon

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would think that all the Miranda Classes we saw blown to bits at DS9 would be CGI. That would go for the Excelsior and others.

------------------
"Life's a bitch, then you die"
-USS Luzon, Vanderbuilt Class starship

Obi Juan
Who's your master?
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for Obi Juan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Justin: I would assume that all (most) Starfleet vessels have some sort of light armament (even the garbage scows. It would be kind of stupid for a ship with seventy or eighty people on board to be defenseless against a shuttlecraft (if shuttles are armed, I would say everything is).

------------------
"Elvis is in everybody
Everybody except for one person that is.
The evil opposite of Elvis.
The anti-Elvis."
-Mojo Nixon

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shuttles are armed...lately, back in TNG they usually were not unless it was needed for a mission.

------------------
"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you."
Federation Starship Datalink - On that annoying Tripod server.

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some people say, this "Millenium Falcons" are just Saber-Class-Ships. Does anyone have pics or screengrabbs to back up this?

------------------
"No matter where you go, there you are."

kiltedbear
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for kiltedbear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember reading somewhere that Oberths had phasers, but they were fairly weak compared to the phasers on larger vessels,

------------------
I do what the voices in my head tell me to do

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would assume those phaser were only meant to destroy large astroids or maybe raiders or something. Those phasers probably the same power that are found in the Danubes.

------------------
It is better to walk the path of the devil than to be in the path of the devil. Though it still might not be the right path.

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is an Oberth firing a phaser in First Contact, yes.

------------------
"I think I speak for everyone here when I say, 'Huh?'."
- Buffy

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps