Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Star wars starships in star trek??? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Star wars starships in star trek???
Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's an Oberth in FC?

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"Frank is absolutely right." - Laz Rojas

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why would yu send a ship that is one of the weakest ships in battle.

...Unless you put Defiant's phasers on it with bigger and better shields and qauntum torpedoes on it.

Only one can dream, but I don't dream about that.

------------------
It is better to walk the path of the devil than to be in the path of the devil. Though it still might not be the right path.

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Against the Borg, Starfleet would send any ship it had available, even the weak ones. The more ships, the better the chance at winning. An Oberth may have weak weapons, but at least it's one more ship doing what damage it can.

------------------
Teddy Roosevelt: "Speak softly and carry a big stick."
Yosemite Sam: "Well, I speak loudly and I carry a bigger stick...and I use it too!"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are plenty of other roles for a ship with what is presumably a very complete sensor suite to perform in combat.

------------------
I am not good with English but excuses me. I hate you whom think bad of the gods of the thunder known under the name of ""Metallica"". Good tape of ""Metallica"" is ""Load"", that you like it or not. A much better tape of Metallica ""Load"" than overrated the tape known under the name of ""Iron Maiden"" ""Powerslave"". You all are penis for the bad one of thought about ""Lars"". ""Lars"" can take a cucumber in bottom of his throat without reflex of muzzle. Lars can too take cucumber in bottom with no stretching of bottom hole sphincter muscle. Thanks for reading.
--
an anonymous fan
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Because I'm saving all my love for you.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*reminds everyone that there's ZERO evidence that Oberths are unarmed*

I mean, one gets blown up from behind with its shields down, and it gets a rep for life. It's rather sad, really.

------------------
"Truth about Santa Claus debunks Santa God. God evolves from Santa."
-Gene Ray, http://www.timecube.com

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We've seen phasers used for more than just weapons-related purposes..I can think of any number of uses fro them on a science vessel.

------------------
"Do you know how much YOU'RE worth??.....2.5 million Woolongs. THAT'S your bounty. I SAID you were small fry..." --Spike Spiegel

Cammodude
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait a minute...I thought that the Oberth class starships were being replaced with the Nova class.

------------------
"If I knew you were coming I would have baked a cake...learned to sing....stop me Gage!"
--Aurther
The Journeyman Project 3

IP: Logged
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, that's one theory. But it's just an idea floating around. There's no canonical evidence, other than the fact that we haven't seen an Oberth in a while, and the Nova is a science ship.

------------------
"I just measured him. He's about 21"."
-Chris Martin, 14-Jul-2000

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well the Nova class would be a suitable ship to replace the Oberth. It is newer and perhaps more heavily armed.

Surak did say in ST3 that the Klingons did destroy an unarmed ship. Now I recall myself Vulcans don't lie...

The Grissom might have some armament on baord but nothing powerful enough to take on a ship.

------------------
It is better to walk the path of the devil than to be in the path of the devil. Though it still might not be the right path.

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Matrix...that's Sarek, Spock's father. Not Surak who was the first Vulcan to embrace logic and thus unify Vulcan to what it is now.

------------------
Teddy Roosevelt: "Speak softly and carry a big stick."
Yosemite Sam: "Well, I speak loudly and I carry a bigger stick...and I use it too!"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course Vulcans lie. In any situation where it would be logical to do so.

------------------

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

I know, it was a typo tha's all. Why would Sarek lie about that? That is not logical to get your point through. He could have just say that the Klingon ship went into Federation territory and destroy a Starfleet ship. But he didn't he said that a Klingon ship attacked a unarmed ship. Which is probably worse since there was no war, and that ship didn't carry any powerful armaments of any kind.

------------------

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An unarmed ship is still an unarmed ship, no phasers, torpedoes, only shields. If Sarek said that the Klingons attacked a ship that was not that heavily armed, then the Oberth Class may have minimal weapons.

------------------
The world is not enough, but it is such a perfect place to start my love
And if you're strong enough, together we can take the world apart my love

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Well, I didn't mean Sarek was lying in this case. I was just saying that Vulcans aren't incapable of lying.

------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps