Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Digital Muse's DS9 Tribute (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Digital Muse's DS9 Tribute
The Vorlon
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for The Vorlon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Nice ships, eh? Too bad we still can't see the underside of the Sabre and Steamrunner...

------------------
Sheridan: "Well, as answers go, short, to the point, utterly useless and totally consistant with what I've come to expect from a Vorlon..."
Kosh: "Good."
Sheridan: "I REALLY hate it when you do that..."
Kosh: "Good."

SapphireEclipse Productions
http://sapphireeclipse.virtualave.net/

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Holy Crap! That's awesome! You can see a deflector on the Saber though...

------------------
"The things hollow--it goes on forever--and--oh my God!--it's full of stars!" -David Bowman's last transmission back to Earth, 2001: A Space Odyssey

The 359 Webpage

KXZ
Member # 119

- posted      Profile for KXZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is really good! I like it. They must have put a lot of work into it.

------------------
"Contact in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1... more or less."
-Tal Celes "Good Shepard"
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/7647/

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
359: Not really. You can see the Steamrunner's deflector, but not the Sabre's...

------------------
"This is Major Tom to ground control. I'm stepping through the door, and I'm floating in a most peculiar way. And the stars look very different today..."
-David Bowie, "Space Oddity"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even though that is very pretty... it STILL looks fake!?! What seasons of DS9 did DM do? Who did this picture... what is it about CGI and reflected light - it just looks SO fake... I guess the more detail/time = realism? I guess it was just for the fun of it so it wasn't to be... worked on too long.

Nice though.

P.S. See Margret Clark - there is nothing too hard about commissioning new artwork for your releases... I personally wont buy any calendar but the new starships one - it looks like the only 2001 calendar with new artwork... I just bought the 2000 TNG and TOS calendars for $2 each... lucky I only paid $4 all up - cause there was NOTHING new in them AT ALL!

Andrew

P.P.S. That poster DOES look lovely though - I'd love it up in my room, we haven't had any new Trek posters for a LONG time.

Andrew

P.P.P.S. here I fixed up the gamma on the picture - and you can see a bit more detail...

enjoy:

Andrew
------------------
"chocolate cherries allamanda" - Datura, Tori Amos

[This message has been edited by AndrewR (edited May 31, 2000).]

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*drool*

------------------
"Remeber, if there is a nuclear explosion, be sure to close your windows as the massive heat could cause objects within your home to catch fire".

Wise, wise words.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, now you can see the Sabre's deflector... *L*

And I think the reason it doesn't necessarily look "real" is that it isn't supposed to. It's supposed to look like a poster.

------------------
"This is Major Tom to ground control. I'm stepping through the door, and I'm floating in a most peculiar way. And the stars look very different today..."
-David Bowie, "Space Oddity"

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Sabre's deflector was already visible in one scene in FC, IIRC the one where a Saber flies straight towards the Enterprise viewscreen and is destroyed. I only think it should be blue.

------------------
"Species 5618, human. Warp-capable, origin grid 325, physiology inefficient, below average cranium capacity, minimum redundant systems, limited regenerative abilities."
Ex Astris Scientia

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow... And they just did this as a tribute? Very nice... very nice, indeed.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I'm guessing that the Sabre deflector is akin to the Sovereign and Galaxy deflectors - more gold than blue... sometimes though, we've seen the E-D deflector very blue... and the Akira's deflector looks more akin to the Excelsior deflector?

Andrew

------------------
"chocolate cherries allamanda" - Datura, Tori Amos

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glarb!

------------------
Frank's Home Page
June is National Accordion Awareness Month.
"I usually feature the accordion on three or four songs every album, which is three or four more accordion-based songs than most Top 40 albums have." - Weird Al Yankovic

Black Knight
Member # 134

- posted      Profile for Black Knight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, so the Sabre's deflector is like a mood ring. Blue sometimes, Red the others.
Who did FC anyway? Was it Foundation Imaging?

------------------
"How's your 13th chromosome? Missing a couple of base pairs in gene 178?"--Captain Janeway to Mortimer Harren

The web page is not completed yet, but come by and check it out. :)
Quantum Threshold

Avalon Sector

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Illegitimate Lunatic Mormons.

------------------
"Ultra Magnus is Undeniably Fun!" David Stevens, New York Magazine.
"Total Complete excitement from start to finish!" -WPIX-TV, New York
"This isn't a thrill ride, it's a rocket..." -Richard Caves, Time Magazine.

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I thought that it stood for Insane Loose Men...LOL

------------------
"Life's a bitch, then you die"
-USS Luzon, Vanderbuilt Class starship

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey! NOBODY insults ILM on my watch! Because, if you stood on my watch, it would break.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
June is National Accordion Awareness Month.
"I usually feature the accordion on three or four songs every album, which is three or four more accordion-based songs than most Top 40 albums have." - Weird Al Yankovic

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps