Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Voyager (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Voyager
bonecrusher
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a Quick question....

DOES ANY ONE HAVE PICTURES OF THE FOLLOWING

DELTA FLYER BEING DESTROYED
DELTA FLYER WITH WARP NACELLES EXTENDED
JUPITER STATION

------------------
"YOU WHO ARE WITHOUT MERCY, KNOW PLEAD FOR IT. I THOUGHT YOU WERE MADE OF STERNER STUFF!"
-Optimus Prime in Transformers The Movie

Bonecrusher
http://members.xoom.com/smartiee

IP: Logged
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You should have warned for spoilers since I didn't know the Delta Flyer had been destroyed.

------------------
I'm not an atheist, I'm a maybeist�

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it's actually a fairly minor spoiler. The destruction of the DF isn't a major plot point. Besides, he doesn't tell you when, where, or how it was destroyed. *shrug*

------------------
"How many Libraries of Congress per second can your software handle?"
-Avery Brooks, IBM commercial

Fructose
Member # 309

- posted      Profile for Fructose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And I bet they will build a new one next season. So no big loss at all.

------------------
It doesn't matter if you don't know what you're doing as long as you look good doing it.

Black Knight
Member # 134

- posted      Profile for Black Knight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got pics and an animation on my Delta Flyer Multimedia Page
I really really want pics of the Delta Flyer with its 'wings' out though. *hint hint*

------------------
"How's your 13th chromosome? Missing a couple of base pairs in gene 178?"--Captain Janeway to Mortimer Harren

The web page is not completed yet, but come by and check it out. :)
Quantum Threshold

Avalon Sector

Trip Tucker
Member # 297

- posted      Profile for Trip Tucker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As for the Flyer being blown up, word is that the producers did it on purpose to bring out the Aeroshuttle (and yes, Aeroshuttle is the correct term) that everyone is dying to see. I personally cannot wait! I love the bigger shuttle-ish ships. The Runabouts, the Captain's Yacht and The Delta Flyer.

By the way, I think they already named her. The Delta Clipper sounds like a good one, doesn't it?

------------------
It is offensive. Fortunately, taste is irrelevant.
-Seven of Nine

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*EEKspeak*
It never hurts to help:

http://home.wanadoo.nl/nightwing/DFboom

I don't have clear pics of the extended warp nacelles.

------------------
"Do you want to be President?"
"Yes."
"Put you hand on the book and say 'I do'."
"I do."
"Good, done. Let's eat!"

- G'kar and Sheridan, Babylon 5.

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I have a pic of the Deltaflyer with the wings extended. http://w1.314.telia.com/~u31412332/new/shuttle.htm

------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity�s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope, that's not with extended nacelles.

------------------
"Do you want to be President?"
"Yes."
"Put you hand on the book and say 'I do'."
"I do."
"Good, done. Let's eat!"

- G'kar and Sheridan, Babylon 5.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd say the status of the Delta Flyer is most certainly a spoiler, regardless of its overall importance to the episode.

"Oh, and they killed half the cast. But the episode wasn't about that."

------------------
"Twentieth century go and sleep.
Really deep. We won't blink
Your eyes are burning holes through me.
I'm not scared I'm outta here.
I'm not scared. I'm outta here.
--
R.E.M.
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Please?

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the destruction didn't really have any relevance to the episode...it just happened. If you blinked during that scene, you wouldn't even have noticed.

------------------
June is National Accordion Awareness Month.
"And as we all know, 454 Okudagrams equals an Okudapound." - Rick Sternbach

bonecrusher
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Where did you find out about the Aeroshuttle??

Are you sure it will be in Next season?

------------------
"YOU WHO ARE WITHOUT MERCY, KNOW PLEAD FOR IT. I THOUGHT YOU WERE MADE OF STERNER STUFF!"
-Optimus Prime in Transformers The Movie-

Bonecrusher
http://members.xoom.com/smartiee

IP: Logged
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shadow: So what? I don't care about its relavance to the episode, I care about its relavance to the show as a whole.

The Aeroshuttle rumor stems from, as I recall, some vague rumblings about one of the FX companies doing a test shot of it. But I seem to remember that test shot being rather old, and certainly not proof of any plan to actually show the thing. Though it would be quite cool.

------------------
"Twentieth century go and sleep.
Really deep. We won't blink
Your eyes are burning holes through me.
I'm not scared I'm outta here.
I'm not scared. I'm outta here.
--
R.E.M.
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Please?

Jim Phelps
watches Voyager AFTER 51030
Member # 102

- posted      Profile for Jim Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, that was just Rick Sternbach saying a *loong* time ago that Foundation did a test shot of it. A season has passed since then and we haven't seen it, so I guess the idea has been dropped - after all, the Delta Flyer is a superior ship with its Borg enhancements.

Now that the DF is destroyed, the crew might be able to manage without it, especially given the latest rumors about the ship returning home 2/3rds into the season. I wouldn't want to see it rebuilt. It would be nice if they'd dig up the AeroShuttle, though the way I see it now is covered with years of dust, possibly damaged a little (which would explain why it hasn't even been considered for use all this time).

Boris

Trip Tucker
Member # 297

- posted      Profile for Trip Tucker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Spoilers*

Sol is right. An FX company did a test awhile ago and they said it looked great. I even read somwehere that they even designed the front to be squared so that they could use a redressed Runabout cockpit for the interior. Unfortunately, the test was never seen by anyone other than the PTB, so it's dorsal appearance is still speculation.
As for it being named the Delta Clipper, I can't remember where I heard that (good name though).
I, for one, would love to see her go up against the Tactical cube to get Janeway, B'ellana and Tuvok back

------------------
It is offensive. Fortunately, taste is irrelevant.
-Seven of Nine

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps