Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Thoughts on the Enterprise-A (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Thoughts on the Enterprise-A
Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Prometheus's interior is really like a Galaxy class tpye one. It has a luxury feel in it that I have only seen in the Enterprise-D.

------------------
It is better to walk the path of the devil than to be in the path of the devil. Though it still might not be the right path.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definately the best bridge, is the E-A's from Star Trek VI.

------------------
"Neil says hi by the way" - Tear In Your Hand, Tori Amos

Savar
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the Enterprise bridge from ST6 was the best, except I prefer the ST5 navigation/helm console. It had a flat surface with backlit graphics, like the TNG consoles, except in different hues of blue. Why did they add manual toggles and buttons again in ST6?

The console has changed drastically in the course of the movies. Remember The Motion Picture when warp speed was controlled with a big throttle?! Uhg.

IP: Logged
Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The entire bridge of the Enterprise in ST I was ugly. All those clear crystal buttons that don't even have any labels on them. How would you know which one to press? I guess they have it pretty memorized. I have more respect for Spock now since within a couple of hours he can read and use those controls properly.

------------------
It is better to walk the path of the devil than to be in the path of the devil. Though it still might not be the right path.

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well,the ship did squeeze out of the spacedock ahead of schedule. Perhaps the guy who was supposed to paint in the button labels missed the boat? The warp engine "throttle" could have been a temporary installation as well, only intended for engine tests...

Timo Saloniemi

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As opposed to TNG buttons, which have those easy-to-read random numbers on them... :-)

------------------
Pickhard: "What is our progress, Beta?"
Beta: "Excellent, captain. I require only one more Thunderstone to evolve my Pikachu to level 47."
-from the Sev Trek movie trailer

Alpha Centauri
Usually seen somewhere in the Southern skies
Member # 338

- posted      Profile for Alpha Centauri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My most favourite bridges are those of the Dauntless, Ent-E and the Voyager. I hate the E-nil bridge from TOS. Agreed, it definitely looked futuristic in the sixties, but today, it looks sooooooo anti-modern.

How about your favourite ships? Mine are Sovereign and Akira.

------------------
Advertisement in the United Federation NewsPADD, SD 53675:

"Now for sale at your local dealer: Antares class vessels, as good as new! They can shapeshift! Everybody in the galaxy has one! Now for only $800!"

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

Well it's all about the style back then in the 23rd century. They might look like it's primitive but it could be more advanced then even now. The Galaxy for her graceful lines and the Defiant for her weapons.

------------------
Perdict the unperdictable, but how do you unperdict the unperdictable?

Alpha Centauri
Usually seen somewhere in the Southern skies
Member # 338

- posted      Profile for Alpha Centauri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I certainly had no intention of hinting to primitive tech... I only think the design looks somewhat too 'old-style'. 'Primitive' was a bit strong.
But yes, old-style was appearently a fashion during the 23rd century.

------------------
Advertisement in the United Federation NewsPADD, SD 53675:

"Now for sale at your local dealer: Antares class vessels, as good as new! They can shapeshift! Everybody in the galaxy has one! Now for only $800!"

Trip Tucker
Member # 297

- posted      Profile for Trip Tucker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favourite ships would have to be the ones only seen on Voyager once. I call them the Voyager "Fab Four": the Prometheus, the Dauntless, the Relativity, and the Equinox. I love the Prometheus for it's weapons, the Dauntless for it's streamlined look, the Relativity for it's interesting hull shape and the Equinox because it's a kick-ass little ship.

------------------
"Impossible is a word humans use far too often."
-Seven of Nine

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I totally agree with nx. Also, I personally like the Prometheus for all the things it is, has and can do.

------------------
"I think I speak for everyone here when I say, 'Huh?'."
- Buffy

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone else think that the Cheyenne might be a precursor to the Prometheus... The difference being after saucer separation the saucer still can only do impulse... the other two sections can go at warp though!?!

Andrew

------------------
"Neil says hi by the way" - Tear In Your Hand, Tori Amos

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I like the thought that the whole ship splits down the middle. Half of the saucer goes w/ the top and the other half goes w/ the bottom.

------------------
Pickhard: "What is our progress, Beta?"
Beta: "Excellent, captain. I require only one more Thunderstone to evolve my Pikachu to level 47."
-from the Sev Trek movie trailer

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

Yeah unfortunately I we never did see the Cheyenne up and personal to make a theory about that. That's a neat idea though.

------------------
Perdict the unperdictable, but how do you unperdict the unperdictable?

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps