Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Challenger class Buran update (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Challenger class Buran update
Fructose
Member # 309

- posted      Profile for Fructose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I know where to get the three piece set for about $15 and the Ent-d for about $25. I guess paint and all, but I don't count that in my model costs because the paint usually lasts longer than one model. And I have a ton of tools and stuff. But yeah, I guess I can see how it may cost that much total.

------------------
It doesn't matter if you don't know what you're doing as long as you look good doing it.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe Shik is saying that, if someone wanted him to build it for them, he would charge that much, because it would include parts and labor.

------------------
"I just measured him. He's about 21"."
-Chris Martin, 14-Jul-2000

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right you are, Inspector. Believe it or not, I actually do get requests to build things for people a lot. Unfortunately, they rarely come to fruition because:

A) I quote them a price & they think it's too high, not realizing that I'm SIGNIFICANTLY downsizing actual price to MAKE it affordable (a 1/1400 Galaxy should by all rights cost $300 due to sheer labor alone);

B) I quote them a price & they evaporate;

C) They ask for things that aren't possible. Someone once asked for an Enterprise-D in the same scale as the ERTL Enterprise-A kit--1/537. OUCH.

------------------
"Do you know how much YOU'RE worth??.....2.5 million Woolongs. THAT'S your bounty. I SAID you were small fry..." --Spike Spiegel

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shik's url up there should be:
http://www.skylord.com/shiki/challenger%20theory.jpg

------------------
"Neil says hi by the way" - Tear In Your Hand, Tori Amos

Cammodude
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've seen some other picturs of the "Challanger" class. I can provide a link to them if you like.

------------------
"If I knew you were coming I would have baked a cake...learned to sing....stop me Gage!"
--Aurther
The Journeyman Project 3

[This message has been edited by Cammodude (edited July 22, 2000).]

IP: Logged
Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You mean these?

------------------
"I think I speak for everyone here when I say, 'Huh?'."
- Buffy

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well... We know the old Freedom design was pretty much right. The old Rigel design seems to have actually been the Niagara. So, what in the world was this one a corruption of?

------------------
"I just measured him. He's about 21"."
-Chris Martin, 14-Jul-2000

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps someone tried to come up with a design to use the Consititution II stardrive and saucer?

------------------
"Huh. An intelligent guard. I never would have guessed."
-Preed, Titan A.E.

Fructose
Member # 309

- posted      Profile for Fructose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shik, I hear you about building models for other people. I've only done it once or twice and I'll never do it again. But I think that design came from a comic book that had the USS Challenger in it. It was like that, but was more like a Constelleation with the bottom nacelles removed and the Constitution secondary hull put there.

------------------
It doesn't matter if you don't know what you're doing as long as you look good doing it.

Cammodude
Ex-Member

Altair, those pictures look pretty good, but those arn't the ones I was refering to. I was talking about some pictures of a TNG style Challenger.

------------------
"If I knew you were coming I would have baked a cake...learned to sing....stop me Gage!"
--Aurther
The Journeyman Project 3

Cammodude
Ex-Member

Got 'em! Here is the top view of the challenger class. And here is the side view of the challenger class.

Keep in mind that the pics are just possible designs based on the reckage seen in BoBw.

------------------
--Aurther
The Journeyman Project 3

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I had the images Bernd has in mind when I did mine. Only differences are that I made the secondary hull "inline" & accounted for the actual nacelle-to-hull sizing ratio. Make the upper pylon look like the sail of a Typhoon-class SovSBN (which I've yet to figure how to arrange) & you're all set.

------------------
"Do you know how much YOU'RE worth??.....2.5 million Woolongs. THAT'S your bounty. I SAID you were small fry..." --Spike Spiegel

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, they're from Bernd's site. Quite a few of us already know about them as the Wolf 359 ships discussion has been going on for quite a while on another thread.

------------------
Teddy Roosevelt: "Speak softly and carry a big stick."
Yosemite Sam: "Well, I speak loudly and I carry a bigger stick...and I use it too!"

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That ship up there looks soooooooo FASA...

------------------
Captain Tenille: "Oh, Simpson, you're like the son I never had."
Homer: "And you're like the father I never visit."

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just got confirmation from Okuda that the model did indeed use the 1/1400 nacelles with the 1/2500 saucer/engineering hull. He stated that he and Rick Sternbach wanted a fast looking ship, but that when they saw the actual finished model, it wasn't quite the way they invisioned it would be.

------------------
Captain Tenille: "Oh, Simpson, you're like the son I never had."
Homer: "And you're like the father I never visit."

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps