Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Sovereign-Class question (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Sovereign-Class question
Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought Sternbach said that shuttlebay two is behind shuttlebay one, as in: you need to go through shuttlebay one to get to shuttlebay two.

Anyway, we've seen both shuttlebays on screen, bay two is where the Delta Flyer is build, bay one is visible in 'Counterpoint'.

------------------
"I think I speak for everyone here when I say, 'Huh?'."
- Buffy

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's another little problem though: I don't remember the episode, but some said something about launching from shuttlebay 2, then the camera shot shows a shuttle leaving from the aft main shuttlebay. So either bay 2 is accessed through the same doors as bay 1, or the aft shuttle bay is actually bay 2. Of course those same doors have also been used as the access for the "main shuttle bay".

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Aban's Illustration www.thespeakeasy.com/alanfore

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Sternbach has already settled for using two bays accessible through the same set of doors. But one could also say that the "main" bay is actually officially considered Shuttlebay 2 because it lies on a lower deck than a smaller Shuttlebay 1. Perhaps a tiny Bay 1 could be somewhere on the ship's spine (near the torp launcher), or then the docking berth for the Aeroshuttle is considered Bay 1...

Timo Saloniemi

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder where they built the Delta Flyer. The are was two decks tall, and looked nothing like the small room which was seen in "Counterpoint" or "Barge of the Dead", for instance. I think the big, main shuttlebay is behind the small shuttlebay 2. Nevertheless, it wouldn't make sense to "launch a shuttle from shuttlebay 2" since this would be the only possible exit.

------------------
"Species 5618, human. Warp-capable, origin grid 325, physiology inefficient, below average cranium capacity, minimum redundant systems, limited regenerative abilities."
Ex Astris Scientia

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think they just screwed this point up. The Galaxy Class has shuttle storage facilities too. They are on decks below the shuttle bay. But they are not reffered to as shuttle bays. The Intrepid Class should only have ever had one shuttle bay, the one on its butt. Everything else is a docking port (there is one on the spine: it's the little corner that's cut out) or a cargo port, or a work bee launch tube.

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Aban's Illustration www.thespeakeasy.com/alanfore

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps