Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Niagara vote (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Niagara vote
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still don't understand why there needs to be a third nacelle...

------------------
"I fart in your general direction!"
-John Cleese, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yay! Another Mac user. I actually have an old version of GraphicConverter...I ought to get the new one...

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Vortex: "It just don't pack the punch it used to..."
Swindle: "Yeah, because we're out of energy, dummy."

Warped1701
Back from Vacation
Member # 40

- posted      Profile for Warped1701     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't say I agree with a starship that has 3 nacelles either. An even number always seemed more logical to me.

------------------
"We choose to do this and more. Not because it is easy, but because it is hard."
-- John F. Kennedy

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, regardless of anyone's opinion of three-nacelled ships, the fact remains that there are, at most, two visible in the picture...

------------------

Lindsly
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To everyone: I accept the Niagara Class starship as three nacelle because somewhere in a forum I read that Rick Stenbach gave this class three nacelles. One further point-the closer of the two nacelles closer to us is more forward than the other nacelle. This configuration agrees with the future USS Enterprise D. And, btw, if the ship has two nacelles, why is not more of the saucer showing and why is the nearer nacelle more forward than the other?
IP: Logged
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, looking at the vidcap, i agree with this hypothesised niagra, I think the burnt out/turned off port nacelle of the pic in the top right of the starship - might be confusing people - but you can discern the starfleet logo on the top side of the nacelles, (remember this ship is upside down)

yes the topmost (of the viewscreen) is further forward - and does seem to fit nicely with the alternate future E-D - but if people don't always like the idea of three nacelles - whats wrong with having a forth on the bottom - in the center...

sorta like a + when viewed front on, not that i'm say thats what i think i can see, i can't...

you know what i mean

3rd Chap!

Andrew

------------------
Alamaraine, count to four...

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
does the saucer section have to be ambassador? - I was looking at it upside down - and the saucer looked at little like the constitution refit saucer - i.e. the sudden bulge in the middle and the horizontal strip at the back of the saucer for the impulse engines, just infront of the middle nacelle?

Andrew

------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

also, reguarding the factfiles, nacelles, for the niagra, maybe it might be partially legit, maybe they DID get the idea for the alternate future E-D from this ship - look at the FF nacelles - they have those strips on the tops of them - although, maybe the person that put this FF picture together, knew there were three nacelles, except but the middle nacelle on the bottom by mistake - look at the shadowing on the pylons, it looks as if one of them was supposed to be a single standing nacelle, and that the other was part of a double pair - maybe the person that did this pick, found it too difficult to put that third middle nacelle in behind the other nacelle, and instead just stuck it on the bottom!?!

Andrew

------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

The so-called "topmost" nacelle is not farther forward. The reason it looks that way is that the other nacelle is missing its entire Bussard assembly...

------------------

[This message was edited by TSN on March 28, 1999.]

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can see a port nacelle, Galaxy type, and a Galaxy type pylon. The other thing is definitely another nacelle, however, note the two nacelles are not parallel. So the other nacelle could have been ripped off as well. When I tried to reconstruct the saucer outline, I managed to get its centerline parallel to the port nacelle, but not to the mid nacelle.

If you ask me about the ship's class, I don't think it's a Nebula anymore. It's probably one of the kitbashes, either Niagara or Springfield.

------------------
Brain. Brain. What is brain? (Kara the Eymorg, "Spock's Brain")
www.uni-siegen.de/~ihe/bs/startrek/

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait, does the Niagara at the top have two, three, or four nacelles?

------------------
What bloke invented signatures?

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Three. There's also a top view that shows as much...

------------------
"I'll bite your legs off!"

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps